anon
Years ago

Western Magic Logo similar to Orlando Magic

Just noticed striking similarity with orlando and Western magic logo - whats the go - i thought another club had issues with their logo being close to another clubs - not expert but are teams able to use NBA style logos freely / logo or writing - see plenty clones of styles about

Topic #23355 | Report this topic

Tipo  
Years ago

You only just noticed that?

Reply #282548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt the norwood flames get sued by miami for having the same logo?

Reply #282568 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yeah checked west wed site and saw it proudly displayed

Reply #282587 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Could this thread please be locked?

Reply #282599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why?

Reply #282604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Norwood had to change their logo because of copyright issues and I am surprised that Western Magic were not contacted.

Reply #282629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably wouldn't have been noticed.

Reply #282633 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so how does BSA or whoever approve such an obvious conflict - surely somebody must check uniforms to see if compatable / not clashing or infringing

Reply #282648 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

might be difficult to continue to use - BSA need to act - as they are allowing the use ?
or is it just a petty issue - as if Miami care too much about team in SA

Reply #282665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like there to be some proof of norwood being sued but then again Miami have got the money to pay the new big 3 lol I doubt NBA teams really care

Reply #282699 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

I can tell you first hand it is fact about Norwood. The club was threatened with legal action if the logo wasn't changed.

Reply #282700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the logo similar but not identical so they cant really do alot

Reply #282783 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

tell that to "Men At Work" with the kookabuura sits in the gum tree tune - not identical but similiar.
Close enough is good enough apparently.

Reply #282785 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Rockets had same problem,but when found not profitable nobody cared.

Reply #282792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men at work used the tune to that song as the base of thier song the magic logo has 3 stars western has 9 the magic logo has 2 swishy bits westerns has 1 Orlando has bigger things to worry about they don't care about that shit and I really doubt Miami and huston cared either if that were the case BSA would make sure!!

Reply #282838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754