Aussiebballer
Years ago

36'er Imports

Now that the Summer Leagues are over.
Who do people want the 6ers to go after??
A PG and a SF?

Also any chance they are waiting to see of Mills and/or Jawai are available?

Topic #23371 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

I'd like to see Ty McKee at the point.

In terms of small forwards I'd like to see a new import for the club to generate some excitement. Someone mentioned Luke Jackson a while ago - his stats seemed good and has had some decent games in the NBA.

Maybe one of the ex dragon's import - Smith? - good lock down defender.

Reply #282876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both imports for 36ers have been secured and it will be announced either later this week or early next week. The 36ers are waiting for clearance from the NBL.

Reply #282878 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No chance of Patty Mills coming home...he will remain in the USA, either in NBA or D-League. Plus he would not be an import!!!

McKee for mine would be an obvious choice.

Reply #282879 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

McKee needs to get past that driving mishap of his and grow up a bit before he gets another NBL chance IMO.

Reply #282888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tyndale

Reply #282895 | Report this post

Gravity Man  
Years ago

Well riley Lut........ has been training with Sixers lately he might be a signing and if Sixers waiting for a clearance it might be a point Guard?Mckee.Riley small forward and mckee at point.

Reply #282900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isma'il Muhammad. If not in NBA of course...

2/3 man who can score, awesome athlete and can defend anyone.

Reply #282903 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I don't know how imports can already be decided anon , 36ers scout was in wa the other day checking out sbl game over weekend .

Luke Jackson would be a great pickup !

Reply #282906 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tyndale is not one of them.

Reply #282907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob, the 36er are waiting for clearances and approval from the NBL, they are expecting this to be in a couple of days but may wait until after the showdown before announcing it. They are both guards one is new to the NBL and the other has played in Australia before (but not last season).

Reply #282908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any of them have any NBA experience?

Reply #282909 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

can't give us a name or initials? would it matter since they're basically signed?

Reply #282910 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I just think it was stupid seeing as there was a 36ers scout looking a particular clubs import on Friday night ( who isn't that good ) and all of a sudden on Monday they have 2 signed .

Well if so good news for 36ers may as well get em early .

Just thinks it's pretty bizarre

Reply #282912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't hurt to keep an eye on local basketball. Maybe that's all it was.

Reply #282914 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

Willie farley

Reply #282917 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

There was an article a few weeks ago mentioning Rasheed Tucker skiped NZ for Adelaide to play in a 2nd tier comp.

Reply #282919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Mike Helms thats if he doesnt go to the Gold Coast.

Reply #282923 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A guard who has played NBL , but not last season.. mmmm.. A guard who has not played NBL.
So many guards, so much at stake, too many dead ends,
I'm at the edge of the lake . Sometimes I wonder what it's gonna take.. to find out.

Reply #282927 | Report this post

dfg  
Years ago

Anyone else worried that we got two more guards. I hope they are some big guards or we are going to have lots of smalls and bigs and no mids

Reply #282929 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not much of a showdown - Crows are flying while we are down at the bottom - tell us who it is.

Reply #282930 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

You'd hope a point guard and a SF.

Reply #282931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i would like a 3 and a 1, or combo guard.

Reply #282934 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes, if it is two guards you would hope one of them is a 6'6 sg.

Reply #282942 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Im not too fussed if the import is a SG or SF as i think Holmes, Herbert, Hill could share the SF role just aswell as Ng, Herbert, Hill could share the SG role, so im not too worried either way,

Obviously the ideal would be a 6'6 SG/SF combo who can share the role with the players above and play either position depending on whos on the court.

Anyone willing to hint? give initials or the club the player with nbl experience played for?
Look forward to finding out

Reply #282953 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Really we should be able to narrow down who the import that has played in Aust. and not last year especially if both guards.
Did they get one cheaper import for the want of better description and get best avail. with the other as really rather another bigger fwd but if both guards hope one a big scorer and other a strong defensive player would be mix being my preference.
Good that getting them ASAP so new coach can have whole team playing his way by early season.

Reply #282958 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

this is a topic id expect Isaac to be all over with the info or hints. whats going on Isaac im sure if anyone knows its generally you that knows something.

Reply #282961 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

SRT i think Isaac does know from his comment "Tyndale is not one of them"

Reply #282962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Camel 31 it's not my place to make the announcement. The player who hasn't played in australia before has played in the D league in the US. By giving the australian team of the other player would give it away. Neither name has been mentioned in this topic.

Reply #282967 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Big Sexy, i completely agree mate, but being told who its not going to be is going to take much longer as our world population is estimated at 6.6 billion. yeh yeh i know they are not allowed to say anything.

can we atleast be told the name of the parents of these players or maybe there siblings names if they have any?? thats a good enough hint for me

Reply #282969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr and Mrs Hodge

Reply #282973 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

A few names I can think of off the top of my head are Justin Bowen, Darnell Hinson, Dontaye Draper, Ebi Ere, Mike Helms, Willie Farley, Tremell Darden, Kavossy Franklin.
Sure there's more, but that's all I can immediately think of.
Wouldn't particularly want Franklin or Farley and Draper would have had to have added a bit more offense to his game, but the others would be pretty good options.
First pick obviously would be Ere, but just can't see it happening...

Reply #282974 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I don't think it will be Franklin, didn't he get done for drugs recently? I'd be happy with Draper, Hinson, Darden or Ere. All are proven imports in one way or another.

Reply #282976 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

can u tell us where they played recently?

Reply #282979 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Dont know No Deal but think you might be close with 1 of Draper , Darden or Hinson but like you love it to be Ere but dont think so .
Of other 3 think Hinson would be most likely but need a proven scorer to be other import if was

Reply #282980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please not Darnell Hinson, Draper would be a great pic.

Reply #282983 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Charles Thomas!!!!!

Reply #282985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers on Twitter/Facebook:

Stay tuned 36ers fans! Tomorrow the club will unveil a new face to the league. 1pm AEST be here to see a video of who we have signed.

Reply #282989 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

you never fail to deliver Isaac!

Reply #282991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its gonna be a new guy to the league

Reply #282994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi Ere?

Reply #283004 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Bobby Jones/James White and Draper.

Reply #283006 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Worth the thought - but that's better than waiting 'til after Sundays showdown game and media Monday etc.

Reply #283007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a new face? Development player or import?

Reply #283009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither imports names have been mentioned so far....

Reply #283011 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Would we class Dave Thomas as a Guard or a Forward?
Would be pretty happy if it were him.
He would have signed for New Zealand last year if he didn't get injured, so he's probably still about the place.

Reply #283015 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

Dave Thomas with 80 year old knees? you have to be kidding me if we sign him, Mike Chappell the second anyone??

I would be happy with Draper or Hinson, not thrilled but happy enough to pay for tickets to watch.

Reply #283017 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Others I can remember are Jason Crowe, Orien Greene, Wayne Turner, Rashad Phillips and Jared Newson.

Reply #283018 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

if neither have been mentioned so far then I'm quite disappointed.

Reply #283019 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

I would be happy with anyone, but more so someone who isnt all about them when they walk out on court.
Also someone who passes and doesnt demand respect unlike years gone by.
Americans are trouble, or at least the majority are. If they have chosen an American, god help me and those who sit around us!

Reply #283031 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

An import name that came to mind for me:

Donta Smith.

Reply #283036 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

Donta Smith would have been my favourite pick out of all above mentioned, he was a brilliant player.

Reply #283040 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Too expensive for almost any club in the league it seems otherwise surely someone would've picked him up.

Reply #283048 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

What happened to the 2 import signings anon ?

Thought it was a bit strange

Reply #283174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jacob, they've signed two but only announced one today, if that's what you're referencing.

Reply #283177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Announce the other one!! D:

Reply #283183 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I made a list as far as i can remember of all the imports who are either SG's or SF's who have played nbl in 2008 or 2009 seasons, as it was said the player wasnt in the league last year, of:
Franklin, Helms, Crowe, Hawkins, Lampley, D Thomas, Ere, DeVries, Hinson, Newson, Tucker, Bowen, Darden, Donta Smith, Tyndale, Hodge, Low

Out of that list excluding Smith or Ere as they are probably 2 expensive but would be my first choices if an option i hope its either Helms or Darden, or they are giving a younger import who didnt play nbl for more than a season like Newson, Bowen or Low ago as they all seemed to be reasonable and have some potential and fairly young from memory,

i didnt thikn it was most of the others as many of them are well over 30 and werent in top and many having injury troubles form in their last nbl stint and Hodge and tyndale were let go by the 36ers so wouldnt expect them to be back, and obviously for other reasons the 36ers will never sign Hodge.

For those in the know am i even warm with my guess of say Darden, Newson or Bowen if a SF, or Helms or Low if a SG? that doesnt narrow it down too much does it? and when is it likely to be announced.

Reply #283184 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754