LC
Years ago

Patrick Mills: where will he play next season?

Where will Australian point guard Patty Mills play next season?

Mills who played a severely limited role with the Portland Trail Blazers and their D-League affiliate the Idaho Stampede last season has yet to secure a berth on an NBA roster and is in a neck and neck battle for the lost spot on a Blazers team that really does not suit his style of play in any case.

Mills played solid yet not awe-inspiring basketball in the recent NBA Summerleague - a league known for its scrappy and selfish play. He gets a shot to shine for Australia on the world stage at the 2010 World Championships to further enhance his employment prospects.

He has clearly made his intentions known he wants to play in the NBA. However will he get to do so next season, and if so, with whom? And if he doesn't, will he stay in the USA to play in the D-League or will he head to Europe instead?

If an NBA gig does not eventuate, Europe may not be out of the question, as he already has an offer on the table from Italian Serie A team Virtus Bologna (Link: http://linky.com.au/7yrs9)

I would like to think he gets an NBA gig, but I would rather see him play for another NBA team that will not only suit his style of play but value it.

Topic #23386 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Hopefully Miami off the bench

Reply #283044 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Knicks or Warriors would be good spots for him.
It is sounding like the Blazers will prefer their new rookie PG Armon Johnson over Patty.

Plus he has an offer from Italy
http://linky.com.au/b9xnh

Reply #283059 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Sorry missed the Italy link in the first post :)

Reply #283062 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd welcome Patty to the Knicks.
We still need another superstar next to Amare, otherwise he'll be screwed up bad.

Reply #283065 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

He will stay in the NBA, someone will pick up on Portlands mistake if they cut him.

Reply #283071 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

If I was Patty I'd be doing everything even jump on the phone to D-Wade and LeBron With all the attention the big 3 will get it will allow him to showcase his skills + win an NBA ring along the way.

Reply #283074 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

if portland dont resign patty they would be stupid. if he gets cut a team will pick him up and i would like him in the knicks dantonie run and gun style.

Reply #283082 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Jake, I'm not so sure Lebron would be taking calls from fringe NBA players looking for a spot on his roster. Anyway, I'm not convinced I want him at Miami, how am I supposed to hate them with an Aussie on board?

Reply #283087 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

What about the SA government pay him to come and play for the 36ers.

Reply #283091 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

NBA agent, and why would the SA government be interested in doing that?

Reply #283162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the people saying the Blazers would be dumb to cut him, you are seriously overrating Patty...

Reply #283175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Backup for Stephen Curry at Golden State would be a perfect fit for Mills.

Reply #283179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be the Warriors. They just signed Jeremy Lin

Reply #283206 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

By the way, Virtus Bologna is the team David Andersen won his first Euroleague title with back in 2001 - just for some past history should Patty end up signing there!

Reply #283240 | Report this post

panopios  
Years ago

back up for stephen curry? he torched Curry and Curry's NCAA team last time they met on the court.

Curry's popularity is not only beucause of his outside shooting, his father is behind his career push.

overrating Patty? i dont think so mostly when you still have that memory of Beijing Olympics(forum mods pls dont delete this thread. we realized that everytime we are highligting Mills you immediately delete it. maybe you're afraid of americans Lol)

Reply #283244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if blazers can trade fernandez, they might keep both johnson and mills.

Reply #283251 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I actually think it would be better for him not to get signed by Portland because even if they do retain him he is not getting any court time being that he is at very best the 3rd string pg for them.

He should go to the D-league. He won't last long there if he plays like he did last season and will end up on an NBA team before the end of next season. Teams are always looking for solid scorers off the bench.

Reply #283261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(forum mods pls dont delete this thread. we realized that everytime we are highligting Mills you immediately delete it. maybe you're afraid of americans Lol)
Huh?

Reply #283284 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

To Mr Anonymous who is showing no love for Patty - I went to the Beijing Olympics. I watched every Australian game including the one against the USA. Patty not only beat Chris Paul he smoked him!! No one could stop him at the Olympics. I am pretty sure he had the highest scoring average in the team. This is against the world's best my friend.

Show some love anonymous.

P.S - By the way, for all you Patty lovers, when I was in Beijing, I was walking down one of the main shopping malls. I started to walk beside a short aboriginal man with an Australian flag sticking out the back of his backpack. After having a quick chat with him, who else would it be but the man himself......Mr Benny Mills.....Patty's Dad! He was the man!

Reply #283336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's that good why can't he get a game in the NBA. Better then Stephen Curry, I think not!

Reply #283389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills inst even a PG and not even close to curry.

and the olmpics was 2 years ago.people need to move on.

you need more than offence to make the nba.patty is good in transition but so are alot of guys.

patty is tiny & not that athletics and while he tries hard - he just isnt a good defender.

he is also a volume shooter that doesnt get to the line.

if he wants to have a minimal bench role in the nba - then he can persist.

if he wants to earn a good living playing basketball - he should go to europe where he has plenty of offers.

Reply #283400 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Anon, all he has to do to make a decent living in the NBA is have a couple of big nights....There are plenty of teams who are notorious for overpaying for high volume scorers who have "upside".

Reply #283433 | Report this post

occassia  
Years ago

In case you haven't noticed, Patty's had his shot at real game minutes this season and has emphatically made the most of them. He's a small --but very professional-- package, and has made a huge difference to the Blazers' on-court chemistry.

Thank you!

Whatever else you may say about the Trail Blazers, they do have the most devoted fanbase in the NBA. We love Patty in Portland!!!

Reply #300786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754