interested
Years ago

Under 20, 21 or 23 mens

so which one is happening next season?

ps i dont want everyones thoughts on what should happen, just the answer on what is happening

Topic #23390 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

23's were approved on monday night

Reply #283164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously can BSA plan things a year in advance so we at this age group can plan our lives. What with uni courses, part time work, coaching juniors and I bet a change in nights playing looming I am dreading trying to change my work and study arrangements around a timing change at the whim of some out of touch administrators!

Reply #283167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so how will this change the structure from how we know it at the moment? when will that information become available?

Reply #283192 | Report this post

as  
Years ago

from what I heard it means that its possible for a player to play U18s, U23s and Senior Mens in one week if they are good enough. Its a good link for juniors moving into seniors. I would like to see them play just before Mens ABA. So go womens from 4-6, U23 6-8 and senior mens from 8-10 on a saturday. Would like to see the U23 players be only players that are fringe ABA 11-12 players and guys that are in squad but dont play ABA

Reply #283222 | Report this post

as  
Years ago

read that again and it sounded wrong.

make the U23 team of

12th player of ABA (if under 23) + guys that didn't make ABA for that week + U18 guys that are the future prospects of the club

Reply #283223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what time would you have the girls u23

Reply #283224 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

ans where would you play guys that are 20 and fringe ABA players, and do you think the ABA woman might work on a saturday afternoon!!!

Reply #283254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i will believe it when it is announced by BSA or someone at my club confirms it and not by the rumour mungors on this site

Reply #283269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting to see south adelaide have trials for under 20's not under 23's!!!

Reply #283272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

answer me this one, if it goes ahead who will play reserves with most ABA having trainings on Monday nights, and if they change to tuesday nights then it clashes with proposed U23s. Players in ABA squads are obviously going to opt for ABA training

Reply #283305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see how many divisions they expect to have if no U20's and thereby either losing players out of U18's or having enough divisions to handle a lot more players.

Is it best to play U23's with other U23 players some of whom may be ABA or near ABA players or play Reserves with other non starting ABA players.

Unless clubs agree on an approach you could see a mismatch of games where some clubs will play U23 ABA players in that comp when others may play them in reserves and overall the standards decline.

Reply #283332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

football or basketball, looks like my decision just got made easier for me, new footy boots needed next season, footy fees are less too

Reply #283438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

football or basketball, looks like my decision just got made easier for me, new footy boots needed next season, footy fees are less too

Reply #283439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754