Wayne
Years ago

Andersen???

Just wondering about his contract?

Was it multi year?

With the Miller singing and Yao coming back will his minutes evapourate?

Strikes me as a bit a a outside four man in the NBA.

I do think he was impressive last season though.

Your thoughts?

Topic #23395 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I do think he was impressive last season though."

Crappy at defence and rebounding.... Oh but he's a good shooter so that's OK, he only missed 80% of his 3 point shots....

Reply #283219 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Oh i dont realise they were the stats.

Some good games though although NBA 3 may be beyond him.

Not a centre or at least an elite centre

Reply #283220 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Australian power forward David Andersen signed a 3 year contract with the Rockets worth $7.5 million, with the third year of the contract being a team option.

In Europe, Andersen was not known for his defensive or rebounding abilities but rather his offensive game and the ability to spread the floor and score in the low post.

Reply #283237 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

So David Andersen is contracted to the Rockets to play with them next season. However given the Rockets depth at centre and power forward with Yao's return abnd Miller's recruitment, I sense a trade on the horizon.

Reply #283238 | Report this post

As an avid follower of the Greek League, I can advise that Olympiakos are interested in Andersen if he wishes to return to Europe. It has been all over the Greek sports newspapers in the last week and a half after the arrival of Matty Nielsen to the club.

Reply #283242 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

You are right - Olympiakos is avidly chasing David Andersen after signing fellow Australian Boomer Matt Nielsen as first reported in this thread: http://linky.com.au/au9o5

Reply #283243 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Wayne, anon is talking from somewhere other than his mouth. Andersen did in fact make 27/78 3PT shots for a respectable 34.6%, ranking himself eighth in 3PT% amongst centres in the NBA.

Reply #283279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754