anonimous
Years ago

League averages - NBL vs NBA

how many points per game do you think the nbl teams would score as opposed to the nba. I am doing some research on which game is better fro Basketball and would like to see if anyone knows

Topic #23428 | Report this topic

anonimous  
Years ago

also can i just get some opinions on how long quarters should go for. Do fans prefer 10 or 12 minutes?

Reply #283733 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think that game times should be around about 12 minutes, but it determines on whether it is going to be a good match up or not

Reply #283738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I personally like 12 minutes better, do not enjoy the shorter game....

Reply #283764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

European game is much better "basketball" as a team game than either..

nba is all flashy and look at me look at me look at my stats. Euroleague is a tough game, every game, with no prolific individual efforts, a true team game and much better basketball to watch, and the passionate crowds are second to none.

the nbl has become a joke really. and admittedly, there are no training schools (nothing compared the the US + EU) and Australian fans... well are non-existent in comparison to either leagues

Reply #283773 | Report this post

RT  
Years ago

Definitely prefer 12 mins to 10 mins but can't see it changing.

Reply #283776 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I prefer 12 minutes over 10 minutes.

That's how I've grown up with basketball and always will prefer this option.

I think 10 mins is far too short.

Reply #283780 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Don't mind either, but teams should get possession if they are fouled late in the game to put the player on the foul line (to get the rebound, possession etc). It is very boring then.

Reply #283785 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sorry anon, but the European game isnt a 'true team game'. There is nowhere near the ball movement we see in the NBL, and the offences revolve around their go-to players a lot more than in Australia. The team defence in many European games is quite impressive, but the uninventive ofefnces help that.

Also, of all the leagues in Europe, only three or four average higher attendances than the NBL.

Reply #283799 | Report this post

wankst ain  
Years ago

just wondering has anyone figured out those league averages?

Reply #283808 | Report this post

Techfoul17  
Years ago

the game should be 12 minute quarters, the game doesnt go for that long, people want to get what they paid for, that shouldnt be cut short. Players would agree to have it at 12 minutes.

Reply #283883 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't originally love the idea but prefer 10 minute quarters now. When I've watched NBA games since, they've seemed to really drag out for too long.

Techfoul17, on the notion of "getting what you paid for", do you only go and see or rent 3 hour films? Would you prefer to get better value for money and have 60 minute quarters?

Reply #283888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754