ritz
Years ago

Marbury extends stay with Chinese team

Starbury in China, couldn't he get more $$ in Europe?

BEIJING -- A Chinese basketball team says former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury has agreed to stay with them for up to three more years and that the squad's ownership will produce and sell his line of athletic apparel.

Shanxi Zhongyu says on its website Thursday that Marbury will play two more years in the rustbelt city of Taiyuan. He may be asked to become an assistant coach in the third year.

The announcement says Marbury's salary will be same as last season, which the team's owner has said was about $100,000.

The contract also says the team's ownership will set up a company to produce and sell athletic apparel and shoes from the point guard's "Starbury" brand.

The website says Marbury has not yet signed the contract but will do so before the new season.

http://linky.com.au/nkewe

Topic #23462 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes it easy for him i guess. His Kmart brand shoes are all made in China anyways!

Reply #284508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might be able to lure the cancer in the NBL for less and draw in the crowds.

Reply #284510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doubt he'd sell as many shoes here as there. I also doubt he'd take even US$100k net?

Reply #284514 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If he was taking 100k I would guess he would be getting 90% of the profits from the clothing line, which would surely be well into the millions!

Reply #284517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's about $100,000 a Week

Reply #284577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754