thumbs up
Years ago

one team per division ?

i seem to recall a "one team per division" clause being applied steadily over a period of years. Each year a new age grade would be introduced - so all of a sudden a swag of players would not be demoted a grade after playing at a usual junior level.

i.e i know u12s have had it in place in 2009/10.

what age grades are due in 2010/11 - u14s ?

now the question i have here is - some grades only have say 13-14 teams (u18 div 2g) - so we go to 1 team per grade and it leaves 4 or so.

nothing more unappetizing than 12 months of only 4 teams playing each other in another division.

i prefer they way that bsa do it - by all 14 playing each other once and then the top and bottom groups divide to finish the season off.

Topic #23483 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes this will force uncompetitive teams to improve.

Reply #285670 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Fantastic idea. This will improve all standards. Basically the top 4 teams in Div 2 would beat the bottom 4-6 teams at the moment. With only 8 teams all divs would improve.

Reply #287060 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Yes U14's Sturt will be exempt due to performance this year in U12 and U14's. Classic champions and results in U14's.

Seems fair based on results.

Reply #289468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754