looking
Years ago

looking for junior div 1 coaching vacancy

i have coached for 10 years Div 1-4 u10-21s + seniors with success (mainly div 2).

looking for a div 1 coaching spot - current club has them all covered for next season.

does anyone know of any spots coming up for an experienced coach that has returned results?

Topic #23488 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at Sturt perhaps. Might be some movement there

Reply #285005 | Report this post

SIMBA  
Years ago

Review the following link. We are happy to review your background, experience and previous demonstrable success.

http://linky.com.au/8b2m4

Reply #285007 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

I think you'll find most clubs have trials this week or next week. As such I assume most D1/2 spots are already filled.

If you are serious about wanting a 1s spot I suggest you talk to your current coaching director about their future plans for you. Or contact other clubs coaching directors and ask them about a plan to coach there in a lower division for a year with the option of moving up. Might be best if there is no plans for you to progress where you are to look at taking a long-term approach to getting a D1 gig.

Also I suggest asking a similar question next year about a month earlier, this will give clubs time to consider you. I believe a few clubs posted on here seeking applications a while ago. I am only guessing but would say you have missed the boat for this year with most clubs.

Reply #285008 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

drop me an email at:

[email protected]

with your phone number

Reply #285012 | Report this post

looking  
Years ago

thanks ITA.

I know most of the JDOs / head coaches and club presidents around to talk to - just thought I'd throw it out there through the forum this year - just to see what the word is on the street.

Reply #285015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some clubs haven't even announced who their div 1 coaches are and have trials this weekend, can't work that out, I would like to know who I will be playing for next year, I might decide to go elsewhere if a certain coach is still doing the age group I am heading to

Reply #285024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with you anon - to ask for money for intention to play or to appear at trials without an understanding of coaches or possible placements is a bit rich to me.

I wish I had known the coaches before trials last year as I doubt I would have allowed mt child to continue playing

Reply #285025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And these clubs wonder why they struggle to get good coaches

Reply #285033 | Report this post

BigJumper  
Years ago

What clubs are we talking about??

Reply #285034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go on woodville warriors website there coaching forms available, should be able to get a div one spot

Reply #285049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Notice another club just posted trials but no coaches announced

Reply #285051 | Report this post

pm  
Years ago

South Adelaide Basketball Club is seeking Div One coaches. Check their website for details.

Reply #285059 | Report this post

Dideon 12  
Years ago

Why would a club want an obvious club hopper like yourself.

Either have faith in the clubs ability to provide good coaching for the whole of your junior career, or go find another club.

Clubs dont want people who are going to switch clubs because things aren't exactly as they want.

Reply #285067 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hey good looking how do we contact ??

Reply #285069 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Most clubs would always be on the look out for coaches who are willing to give up their time to put something back into the sport. Go to www.bearcats.net.au - you'll find a coaching application form for West Adelaide Bearcats.

Reply #285070 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seems you are popular. Woodville Warriors are also on lookout for coaches. [email protected]
Best of luck.

Reply #285078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can fill in all the applications you want you won't get a div 1 gig

Reply #285082 | Report this post

looking  
Years ago

anon - don't know who you are - but i know who I am and would be confident of suiting their needs.

Thanks to everyone who replied - i will weigh up taking Div 2s or the move / applying for Div 1.

Reply #285099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit too touchy to be a div 1 coach

Reply #285136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt U10 boys are looking for a new coach due to parental abuse.

Reply #285671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754