Rob
Years ago

High Stakes Hoops Imports Not Good Enough for NBL?

I got to thinking, after the HSH the only import that can seemingly cut it in this league is Bennett Davison. I thought Willie, Homicide and even Troy Jackson were good enough. Thoughts?

Topic #23501 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Money may have played a part...

Reply #285161 | Report this post

kb3  
Years ago

talent and cancer would have played a bigger part

Reply #285187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well some were to good for example Lance Allred would of destroyed this league same as tony dandridge.

Reply #285198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Bennett Davison is the best that come out of HSH, then that concept will be doomed.

Reply #285202 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

There were some talented players, guys like Hodge, Tucker and Williams prob wont get a gig cos of their rep,

i would have loved to have seen Troy Jackson, Freddy Robinson, Kevin Ratszch, Tony Danridge, Scott O'Gallager, Keith Borgen get a go, they all were pretty good and worth a shot at the right price IMO,

other xnbl guys like Farley, Helms, Mike Rose, Galen Young were all fairly decent aswell, along with Davison who signed with the Blaze, however i think age and a bit of erratic form in their last stints in the NBL hurt most of them in getting another shot

Reply #285203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:17 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754