BALLER#3
Years ago

Gilly not happy?

Just noticed on facebook what John Gilchrist posted to Cortez Groves!

John Gilchrist - Cortez Groves: Yo tez whats up bro hey i need to holler at you for a min can i call you i have a question about sum monkey buisness our last team is trynna pull.
2 hours ago · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Cortez Groves: yea hit me up nh
about an hour ago · Like

Ben Fitzsimons: John, you have my contact details if you have any questions please ask.
about an hour ago · Like

Topic #23503 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting!

Reply #285160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

saw he was back training yesterday as well. they said they were going to support him, guess its a question of how far.

Reply #285163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy was a dud, cancer on the team, thankgod he didnt get the chance to resign!

Reply #285168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

umm Gilchrist was a very solid contributor, have him back anyday

Reply #285170 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

If you had spoken to him for 3 minutes you might think he is not a point guard in an Australian-based team

Reply #285176 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gilchrist was skilled but not the player Adelaide needed. I think he needs a veteran team around him to keep him in check, he is very immature in the way he plays the game.

Reply #285178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he in Adelaide?? or back in the USA

Reply #285179 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'd question that Paul. Don't think Gilly was good with Cortez in the lineup. Two guys trying to run a squad on court at the same time.

Whenever Gilly went solo, he was much much better. Would have loved to have had him back again this season if it weren't for the Injury.

Reply #285181 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

thats very interesting. wonder if its payment related? seems likely as there could possibly be issues with how much he gets paid for being injured 3/4 of the way through the season?? im just speculating so dont take this as gospel.

also i agree Big Marty i would love to see gilly on the court again under marty.

Reply #285184 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Who finds this stuff ?

Man....it should definitely be called stalkbook !

Reply #285189 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Rehabilitation covered by insurance . (Australian Insurance. So has to stay here to be covered.)

Wonder what Tez is up to. Imagine he'd get a game somewhere in the world.
Point guards - Tez and Gilly , probably too similiar in the one team. Tez did a little better when Gilly was out, also.

Reply #285193 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Actually "Elite" i am friends with both Gilchrist and Groves and therefore the conversation came up on my news feed!

I think it was payment related though from other comments i have seen gilchrist post to groves.

I have seen something about tax about a month ago

Reply #285194 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Reading this thread makes me hear the song from the "Woman's Day" commercials in my head.

Just sayin'.

Reply #285195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow you must be great 'friends' with both of them to post a facebook wall post on a forum, that everyone knows love to attack and jump on any gossip....

Reply #285196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's this Facebook you all talk of? and why are they writing on the wall?

That must have been how Groves seen the writing on the wall at the end of last season.. ;)

Reply #285204 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Being American, i personally dont read anything into the term 'monkey business' as generally they are the type to sham or con anyone.

I got a list, anyone wanna see it?

Reply #285205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilly not happy? Better him being unhappy, than the thousands of 6ers fans last season, at the way his selfish behaviour on the court cost us!

Reply #285248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how you turn it around on Gilly's performance. Take a look at your beloved 36ers management for once, this seems to be a regular thing with them and their imports.

Reply #285250 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Two separate issues, Gilchrist's inconsistent performance on-court and this alleged 'monkey business' by head office.

As for this Sixers management, they have only had four imports, and two of them dont arrive until next week!!

Reply #285251 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I haven't seen any of the posts on facebook or Twitter etc and can only go off the above.

Based on that you can understand why the club has recruited the current imports in terms of their professional reputation.

I know if I had a problem with my contract / pay I would raise it confidentially with my employer and not online with an ex employee. If the player doesn't have the capacity to understand the terms of their contract they really should be addressing it with their manager.

Reply #285261 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

That's a pretty professional way to get contact details. Way to go.

Reply #285297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what!

I guess he learnt how to be un-professional by 36ers management.

Reply #285300 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

anon 300= Mal??

Reply #285303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone that questions the company line must be Mal?

Reply #285305 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hmmm, hope Gilly sorts it out with the Sixers. Don't want any more import shenanigans impacting on the club's rep.

I don't see anything wrong with posting this thread btw. If Gilly didn't want this sort of thing publicised, he shouldn't have posted it on Cortez's wall!

Reply #285331 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Gilly left his lucky jockstrap in the rooms, unfortunately in the fine print of his contract there is a jockstrap clause that says any undergarments left in the rooms become property of Balls.

Reply #285345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754