Kent Brockman
Years ago

Bradtke up for grabs...do we go after him?

Article here

Topic #2351 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that Anstey is locked in and they're offering Bradtke a back-up role.

"Two weeks ago I thought I'd be here for sure, but with people possibly leaving and retiring, is this what I want to do?"

"I'm fighting with myself and nobody's winning."

I'd stick with Cooper and possibly Rees and focus any spending on the rest of the roster.

Reply #26392 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac .. stick with Rees and Cooper ..Let Bradkte retire (if he wants to). He may not wish to learn a new system.. lets develop Hambour and Oscar further.
Oscar has been a great utility player and i could see him becoming a force in the club... Hambour is a big body... let the kid bang around inside the paint and see what happens.

Reply #26398 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

How can you compare Rees to Bradkte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #26403 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

If the price is right and he is willing to play for the Sixers and the fans I would say yes but he isn't happy and has to be convinced then it would be a no.

Lets him end his career at the right place. MB could be the missing piece of the puzzle with Dusty, willey, JH and Brett for a championship with DC and OF and a few AIS kids off the bench I would go for it. But at the right price and under the right circumstances

Reply #26406 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In The Know -- you can only really compare them from a signing-perspective if they're both available at the same price. I don't think that they would be!

What about Bradtke to Wollongong? Apparently Joyce wasn't happy with Rice in the grand final, and they did only bring in Ballinger after Mueller got injured.

Reply #26408 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

All depends on the money. If Bradtke is dancing in his kitchen screaming "Show me the money" on his telephone then I would pass.

If he can buy into the system at a reasonable cost then 'bring him down'

Bradtke is still a premier big man in this league, and I can't imagine him being cheap.

How much is Bradtke worth pointwise?????

Reply #26409 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

This would probably be his last year in the L...i doubt he will play for little coinage

Reply #26411 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Anyone know if Mark Bradtke has a conscience and may come to the Sixers on the cheap to do the right thing?

Reply #26413 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bradtke won't be cheap regardless of how many years he has left.

Last season he averaged 11.5 boards, and 17 points per game.

His conscience should be demanding decent coin....He's got a family to feed, and some superannuation to think about as his career slows down. I still wouldn't call 17 and 11.5 and dwindling career, he still produces, and is still a top 5 big man in the league.

Maybe he could do a Karl Malone and play for a contender for the chance of a ring, fingers crossed his choice is Adelaide.

Reply #26414 | Report this post

Yeah!  
Years ago

Rees has had it, and Forman is not a centre! If we don't go after Mark then it would be the worst thing to happen to us since we let him leave all those years ago.

Reply #26415 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Yeah .. you are an idiot !! "worst thing to happen to us ... " Get over yourself .. it wont be the worst thing ever .. He will probably want more than we can pay anyway So relax.

Reply #26419 | Report this post

cavalo  
Years ago

Peoples! There shouldn't be any doubt in the club's or fans' mind that we should go after him. Obviously it will all depend on money and points, but if they fit, I think it would be fair to tell reesey that he's played his last game with the club - he has been fantastic for us! Imagine this for a roster...

Starters
C - Mark Bradtke
PF - Dusty Rychart
SF - Jacob Holmes/Oscar Forman
SG - Willie Farley
PG - Brett Maher

Bench
C/PF - David Cooper
PF/SF - Jacob Holmes/Oscar Forman
PG/SG - Brad Hill
And whoever else is signed or hangs around from last year.

Just imagine the inside presence we would have with Bradtke, his knowledge and desire to win. The man is a rebounding feind, can score from almost anywhere and as someone said in a previous post is probably that missing piece in the puzzle.

I would do everything in my power to get him back to Adelaide and have a crack at the ring with these boys before Brett retires and Farley leaves (whenever that will be).

We would be so dominant at every position compared to other teams that it's not funny and our bench is no bunch of easy beats either!

BTW - the club might not face too many problems having fans sign up for season tickets as well as attracting new season ticket holders with Bradtke on board.

GO SIXERS for 05/06!

Reply #26424 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Out of Melbourne (where he'd have loyalty points), he'd have to be an 8 at least in the points system.

Cavalo, good post and thinking but remember that what we're hearing suggests that the budget for the team will be lower than 2004/05.

So, if the next team was:

Bradtke/Cooper
Rychart/Nash?
Holmes/Forman
Farley/Hill
Maher/Ng

Then the difference is basically dropping Rees for Bradtke, which would cost more. No one else in that line-up is any cheaper than last season.

It could be accomplished by not signing Nash and putting a rookie/development player in there and maybe saving a few dollars on getting Kersten or another rookie if Ng was too busy. But I don't know if that would make up the difference.

Reply #26426 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Speaking of Kersten ... is he better than Hill or Jye Watson ? What about the academy boys ?

Reply #26427 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

How many games did the big fella miss last year? I remember when everyone said we would win the title when Paul Rogers came back to play as well.

Reply #26433 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Isacc I think Joyce would be looking at more than just Rice after the embarrassing Grand Final series.

Reply #26440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, it's been reported that he's looking at resigning the same team. Ballinger is already on for another year and they're looking at retaining the other free agents (Saville, Rigby, Phillip).

Reply #26443 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Kriss...Bradtke would possibly be a better fit than Rogers. Bradtke is a better outside shooter than Rogers, a better passer, better without the ball. Plus he actually has a basketball IQ and heart, two things lacking from Roger's game.

Reply #26446 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well see how much heart he has when he plays for the highest bidder.

And Paul couldnt have been too dumb...he did win an MVP

Reply #26452 | Report this post

qwer  
Years ago

jasmine --ur spot on again. i dont know what kriss is emplying.

Reply #26479 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Why doesn't the Sixers management put a proposition to the Next Generation Tennis & Fitness club to hire Nicole Bradtke as a tennis coach, in the same scheme as a golf club would hire a former golf player as a gold pro. If she is offered a good job it will go a long way to enticing the big feller back to city of churches. If the wife want to go it will also help.

All is forgiven, come back and make us a contender

Reply #26487 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

People have implied on OzHoops that Bradtke and Nicole are no longer together...

Reply #26488 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

But just reading on ozhoops.com.au

That is no longer a worry, don't sure what that is implying but can read anything into it.

Reply #26489 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Sixers should take a shot and go after Bradtke.One more big man would really help the sixers.

Reply #26490 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yes

Reply #26495 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Adelaide (if you can fit it)
Perth (if they can afford it)
Wollongong (if the Rogers rumour isn't true)
Brisbane (binge spenders that they are)
Sydney (if Rolan doesn't return)
West Sydney (if they can convince him that they are serious)

could all do with a Bradtke.

Reply #26518 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

The only way Bradtke will leave the Tigers is if Gaze retires. He is probably holding out for a better deal.

If he does leave he will go the highest bidder and I seriously doubt that will be the 36ers.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. He is still the best centre in the league.

Reply #26550 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

If I'm not misstaken doesn't Nicole have a Media role with Tennis in Melbourne. To get Bradtke back, BASA would have to find her a position with Next Generation at Memorial Drive or in the Media at least. You would think if he was going to go anywhere it might be Sydney, purely from a future employment scenario.

Reply #26705 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Shut up! :"BASA would have to find her a position .. " ??? .. why assume that would be part of any deal a club would offer ?

Way ahead of ourselves here boys and girls !!

Let's see how much he wants .. and whether he wants to even look at Adelaide, before we start talking about jobs for players' wives.

Reply #26709 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I think that honestly, all of this talk is like suggesting that the Tigers could get Maher. Bradtke has been in Melbourne that long, do you honestly think that he would leave Melbourne when the Sixer's and Tiger's are both on a level playing field, in regard to chance's of winning the title?

Reply #26717 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754