skip
Years ago

NBA Jam news

I for one am very excited about this coming out.

Good news now for PS3/Xbox users is that by purchasing NBA Elite 11, you get access to a download code that lets you play 3 of the modes of NBA Jam. Great marketing ploy to try and claw back some 2K users.

The full game at this stage will only be on Wii though.

It's also been announced that the game will include more than 30 legends including Magic, Bird, Rodman, Hakeem, Drexler, Worthy and Manute Bol!

Topic #23519 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummmm SWEEET!

Reply #285276 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Saw that the other day... Awesome news, but not awesome enough that I will buy the trash that is the NBA Live franchise these days.

As if that will compete against the MJ features that 2K have incorporated this year..

2K for me, and stick to the arcade machine for NBA JAM.

Reply #285277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh memories of timezone lockouts and much money spent, i'd do it all again.

Reply #285289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh memories of timezone lockouts and much money spent, i'd do it all again.

Reply #285290 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

LOL just makes me laugh seeing that video.

So much money put in that machine?

How many presses of shoot button in start up so u cold goal tend????

Getting old cant remember

Reply #285296 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

DB5 - when was the last time you played Live? 2010 wasn't too bad, although still not as good as 2K. I think it's on the way back though.

I can not wait for NBA Jam on Wii. The only game I've been looking forward to on Wii for a couple of years... might have to plug it back in!

Reply #285309 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I'm not much of a nostalgia fan. Things like NBA Jam hold great memories for me, of playing it in the arcades and then later the home version - but to me they're just that, memories.

Clever marketing move, but 2K all the way as far as I'm concerned.

Reply #285310 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Have played every installment of the 'Jam series and absolutely love it, of course none better then the Arcade cabinent Tournement Edition - sure there were some crap ones on the PS and the like but still good fun in the end.

I have the arcade cabinent in my front room and it still gets a great work out.

Such is my addiction I was almost tempted to get a Wii just for NBA Jam - pending it's release and a few trys on some mates system to assess it's worthyness.

However with this latest announcement I will almost certainly buy NBA Elite 11 and throw it to the curb just to get the download code for Jam - and that is probably exactly what EA was hoping for - oh well.

Of course 2k11 will be a must by for me having enjoyed the 2k for the past 4 installments.

There may well be alot of NBA Elite trade-ins/ebay sales not long after the release.

Reply #285376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754