Anonymous
Years ago

World Champs - Fox or ONE? or both?

I've heard that Fox most likely has the exclusive rights to this years World Champs but I want to know what's happening for sure before I decide whether I'm going to buy an online tournament pass from fiba.com. Does anyone know for sure and can back it up with a link? Cheers

Topic #23549 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go on fox sports website and it proves it will be showing some games on fox sports 1. But im 50% sure that one hd has the wrights to the Boomers games. Im 100% sure sky sports has the Tall blacks games and 1000% sure that One hd and sky have a deal just like in the netball and 50% sure that one will show tall blacks and boomers games and sky sports vice versa.

Reply #285650 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out this thread: http://linky.com.au/tcpt1

Fox Sports has exclusive coverage of the WC's in Australia. At this stage OneHD DOES NOT have the rights to show any coverage of the World Championships let alone any Boomers games.

Here is the Fox Sports 1 TV schedule:

Live games:

28/08 FRA-ESP
29/08 SRB-GER
29/08 ARG-AUS*
30/08 AUS-GER*
30/08 USA-BRA
31/08 PUR-CHN
31/08 GRE-TUR
01/09 SRB-AUS*
01/09 LIB-ESP
01/09 BRA-SVN
02/09 ANG-AUS*
02/09 ARG-SRB
02/09 NZL-FRA

Delayed:

28/08 AUS-JOR*
28/08 USA-CRO
29/08 SVN-USA
01/09 IRN-USA
02/09 USA-TUN

Check the Foxtel TV guide for actual broadcast times in your time zone.

There is a 7 hour difference between Turkey (Istanbul) and the east coast of Australia, so most games will be at around midnight or the early hours of the morning here in Australia.

If anyone can prove One HD has the rights to the Boomers games, please post a legitimate link and stop posting unsubstantiated rumours.

The only way at this stage that you can guarantee full, live and uninterrupted coverage in Australia is to purchase a FIBATV.com online World Championship pass, or be able to find an illegal stream somewhere else online.

Reply #285654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball Australia have already said Fox Sports have the rights to the WC's and One HD do not.

Reply #285659 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

FIBA TV wont give live coverage of Boomers games, or any other games Fox shows, in Australia, you will have to wait for a period to see a replay.

ONE has the rights to Boomers games but I believe that begins after these WCs.

Reply #285664 | Report this post

helium  
Years ago

gee is it that time of the week again already

Reply #285665 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

in related news, A friendly tournament is being shown on Foxtel channel - Eurosport under the name Friendly Handball tournament.

Its actually the warm-up tournament that the tall blacks, Slovenia, Spain and Russia are playing in.

possible more but i think thats only teams in it. IQ'ed Slovenia vs Spain...good match

Reply #285686 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

sorry for double post but its actually called "Handball Friendly Tournament"

Reply #285687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone seen the add on one hd for whats on in august?

Reply #285688 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Yes and No mention of Basketball

Reply #285694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FoxSports has the exclusive rights to the World Championships- th deal was done months before BA signed on with OneHD.

Reply #285703 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

List of every broadcaster of the tournament worldwide here:-

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/p/tv_broadcasters.html

Reply #285710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754