devinnguyen
Years ago

where's the biggest hoops shop in melbourne?

Help me please!! Thanks for replying!!

Topic #23552 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickz 101

Foot Locker in Swanston Street

Anything else I missed?

Anyone?

Reply #285700 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Last time I went to Kickz 101 the range was garbage! Barely any jerseys, limited shoe sizes etc. Although this was about 18 months ago so hopefully they have a bit more in stock.

Reply #285702 | Report this post

devinnguyen  
Years ago

thanks u guys very much...can u give me the particular address of Kickz101 ?

Reply #285704 | Report this post

Kickz 101 is a waste of time, went there in June and it had no NBA or college gear.
Go to Smith st in Collingwood, there is a store called the Basketball Outlet. It is down near the Nike factory outlet, this is probably the best place to look.

Reply #285706 | Report this post

devinnguyen  
Years ago

@Jesus Shuttlesworth: great! thank u!!

Reply #285707 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

thanks u guys very much...can u give me the particular address of Kickz101 ?

This might help you out?

Reply #285715 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Kickz101 died in the ass royally the last 3 times I've been there over the past 2 years. Went from being fully stocked, to under-stocked to "if it doesn't have Lebron or Kobe on it, we don't sell it".

Kickz101 is at the bottom of Elizabeth St about 200 metres up from Flinders St Station. Give it a shot, but don't expect much.

Reply #285729 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Try eastbay.com
Buy direct from the US. with Australian dollar at 91 cents its worh a look.
Eastbay always have 20% discounts sales so waint till then and this will pay the freight cost.

Reply #285735 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree on the Eastbay.com option. I have now used it twice and it is very reliable and you can basically buy whatever your heart desires. They have a massive range all available online that is unrivalled with any retailer here in Australia.

I can vouch for it.

Reply #285738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there's also the and1 factory - bell st preston.

used to go there all the time when i lived in melbourne. its great

Reply #285740 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Try getting stock from the suppliers. Adidas minimums for a single players jersey is 130 units to bring them into the country. Kickz101 has to rely on Footlocker and Rebel to order stock. 7 different players = 910 jerseys alone.

I think Kickz101 would rather players the others don't stock. Was there yesterday and the had an ok range. Things may improve I've heard.

Try and support a company that wants to promote the game of basketbal, instead of bitching like usual. It's not easy dealing with these sneaker companies.

Reply #285745 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Oh and the place on Smith st. sells fake jerseys.

Reply #285746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another link

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=billo+is+a+smart+ass

Reply #285760 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Agreed, Kickz is a dump these days. Went there a few times in the first 3-ish years it was open, and it was the shiz. Now nothing.

As mentioned, the Footlock on Swanston is the best cbd option.

Reply #285766 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I buy my Jerseys off NBA.com
they are authentic and have a huge range
the custom game jerseys are worth the coin also

Reply #285801 | Report this post

devinnguyen  
Years ago

so footlocker in swanston st and Basketball Outlet in Smith st are the best?
i want a pairs of Hyperfuse!

Reply #285818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overheard in store if you want hyperfuse, Kickz getting player editions and Footlocker getting 1colour only. october to December xrazy for nike and jordan @ Kickz

Reply #285875 | Report this post

hydra 93  
Years ago

Eastbay. Used them for years (necessary for large feet). They stock pretty much everything and if you order Thursday goods delivered to your door Monday. Can't be bad.

Reply #285960 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

yeah, eastbay has a very reasonable range of choice of colours for the hyperfuse shoe.

http://linky.com.au/gb3it

Reply #286104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754