Tornado
Years ago

Sixers Imports & Newbies - Training

For those that have attended any training sessions (I know it is early), how are the imports looking?

How is the rest of the team looking? Any improvement from players like Hill, Jacob etc and the newbies in Johnson, Dowdell etc...

Topic #23597 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

Tornado, you just asked exactly what i have been thinking. im wanting to hear more about whats going on, is there any news?

Reply #286248 | Report this post

a happening thing  
Years ago

when are they on court - ie not just boxing but up and down sessions ? I understand they are open

Reply #286254 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

On Facebook sixers just posted that they will be uploading a video of the first scrimmage sometime soon

Reply #286259 | Report this post

36ers  
Years ago

Reply #286271 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I love how someone was not listening in a drill and has to Report to the Sideline for some pushups

Reply #286288 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Probably couldn't hear what the coach was saying over that annoying buzzing noise coming from the court lights.

Reply #286295 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

Moses, One of the best things Marty has done since coming in, is turn off the specific light that makes that noise. haha. no more buzz.

I nearly fell out of my seat today when Herbie threw down that tip jam at the end of the vid. Wrong hand, wrong foot!!

Reply #286303 | Report this post

campbell  
Years ago

Keep up The work on the DEFENCE Marty...
If thats the only thing we practice all off season then we will be a better team with out a doubt.

Defence will win us more games!

Reply #286309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly proves white can't play d.

Reply #286310 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Three point shooting looked super.

Over committing on the baseline of the zone, not so good.

Boxing out is hard when playing a zone but lots of offensive rebounds.

The import point guard (name escapes me) looked very quick.

Reply #286314 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Coopz, you mean the buzz is gone? Sign the guy to a lifetime contract.

Reply #286315 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

Yep the buzz is gone! its like having a new stadium. haha.

Although i'm guessing those lights will need to be switched on for game nights

:(

Reply #286325 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

I have attended one session and only seen our black american import. he seems worth it. for what the coach asked, he did. nothing more, nothing less. Works for me! I will aim to attend a session this week as see DeVries and see if he is the real deal. I assume so.

I was skeptical on Marty Clarke as coach and admit, I am wrong based on current form. The season hasnt started, but have seen change already and being a die-hard, am pleased with what I see.

Reply #286326 | Report this post

a happening thing  
Years ago

thanks 36ers

Reply #286327 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of the oldies - Ng and Holmes have improved.
Needless to say - Sam Harris is worth going into the Dome for a look.
As is Clarke , although I'd mentioned that before.

Reply #286334 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

has anyone seen any improvement on brad hill im sceptical of what we can get out of him.

Reply #286335 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks the same.

Reply #286338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know what some of you people were watching but it was a 3 on 4 drill, so to say that one team can't play defence is a bit harsh and Wayne, you may need to rethink your comments!
In regards to someone doing push ups, I think Marty will find out that Hill is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Unfortunately for Brad as gifted an athlete he is my guess is he will struggle for more court time than last season given the fact that Marty has recruited smarter players to his group and will expect this from his players.
If anyone watched the High Stakes Hoops and sat close enough to to the court they would have seen and heard the frustration from a lot of Hill's teamates for his lack of basketball smarts, especially on defence.

Reply #286339 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

if there is no improvement on Brad then we have issues, however i am willing to give Brad one more chance this coming season

Reply #286374 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Things are looking up based on the observations of training sessions and associated comments in this thread.

Coach Clarke knows what he is doing and is sure to get the best of the players he has, and if they cannot learn and improve, they will be gone by next season.

Reply #286375 | Report this post

JV Hoops  
Years ago

I know this is a SA-based site, but if there are any NBL-loving Vics out there, a comment from someone above has got me wondering:

Do the Tigers (as apparently the 36ers do) run open training session? If yes, any details?

On a 36ers note, can anyone tell me how Nath Herbert is doing? He's been doing pretty well in SEABL again from the few games I've seen.

Reply #286412 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

From a NBL-loving Sixers-loving Vic.
Don't believe the Tigers have open or closed training sessions, they just train.
A courtesy call to the club to enquire if it is ok to come down and watch has never been knocked back in the past, I haven't been to their training for quite a few years though.

Reply #286443 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So far so good.
The only thing we really know for sure - is Sam Harris is 6 inches taller than the rest.

Reply #286483 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Assuming they havent changed for this season the Tigers train on the show court at Sandringham basketball stadium which is open to the public.

Reply #286494 | Report this post

JV Hoops  
Years ago

Cheers guys.

Paul, do you know what times they used to/currently train?

Reply #286499 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In previous seasons it has typically been mornings, roughly 8am to 12pm. Best to give the club a call or even the stadium itself to confirm what is happening at the moment.

Reply #286500 | Report this post

JV Hoops  
Years ago

Cheers Paul, much appreciated.

Reply #286506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754