Who?
Years ago

Who is Shuan Jennings?

Does anyone know much about the new S Tigers coach?

Topic #23681 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mid 30's, was a Norwood junior player and Forestville Senior player for a number of years before taking some time away from the game.
Recently been involved with coaching some of Southern's junior teams.

Reply #287382 | Report this post

no surprised.  
Years ago

I think most of the southern men are asking the same thing. Travis Rainsford been stabbed in the bag by the dog president.

Reply #287383 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Shaun was Willie Jennette's assistant on the Tiger's Women's CABL team

Reply #287386 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

A stabbing at Southern? Surely not? I thought Travis would get the job.Some things never change.

Reply #287388 | Report this post

Robert Mugabe  
Years ago

A GOOD COACH

Congratulations Shaun

Reply #287393 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

maybe the tigers pres should look at the Norwood post to find out how to find the best coach available ..... considering Shaun is part of their committee is it just an easy appointment or the best appointment ?

Reply #287395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the Travis rainsford fan club??

Reply #287397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Travis get the job, he has been an assistant coach to an unsucsesful coach that has lost heaps of players. Change for the better I say, maybe Sean will get rid of some of the old players that are no good and wouldn't get a game at any other club

Reply #287399 | Report this post

Travis  
Years ago

Good luck to Shaun .... whoever anonymous is, it sounds like you are Shaun's mum..... those old players you are talking about I gather you mean the Shane Boals, Tristan Braithwaites, Michael Florance ,Sam Hemmings and brandon Brines etc who are all under 24 and have been the backbone to that team for the past 3 years. Not sure which old players you are talking about ... I hope that Shaun has some good connections to players if these guys are pushed or decide to go as you say, but even if he does unless the people that have appointed him give him more back up than they gave Heath to go after players he will be running with an even younger team than Heath and I (yes this is Travis)had and will continue to struggle ... like I said, good luck to Shaun ! and in my defence as to why would I get the job , besides being an assistant for 2 years at senior level, besides cbeing involved in junior state teams, besides being involved in SASI , besides being JCD for 2 years ..... people need to get their facts right before opening their big mouths on here !

Reply #287462 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

A well deserved appointment to a very good coach. Congratulations Shaun.
Let's hope the Club Committee that appointed him give him support now!!!

Reply #287471 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

How is it deserved over Travis??

Dont get me wrong, Shaun is a good coach but what they did to Travis was a joke.

However no great surprise from a joke of a president.

Reply #287474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they offer Travis the job then change their mind??

Reply #287476 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

My information is that they the president said he will call him to arrange a interview within 2 weeks.

Next thing Travis knew was that Shaun was announced as head coach with NO interview to Travis.

Reply #287479 | Report this post

Not real  
Years ago

Surely that is not realy the assistnt coach coming on here responding to this crap?

Very annoying when people take others names.

Good luck to Shaun, he is certainly a quality person to have at the club.

Reply #287481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow!!!

The people posting here have no idea. Shaun played the game at ABL level for a decade winning throughout. He's played the game since an 8 yr old and pretty much only ever played at div 1 level at Norwood a Forestville having lots of success along the way.

He's coached juniors and assisted ABL teams and the development of Southern junior teams he's coached has been excellent.

He's Dad was also basketball junky and a coach and it'd be fair to say he's been born into hoops.

I'd reckon he'll make a great coach!

Reply #287483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like sour grapes to me

Reply #287486 | Report this post

Shaun is a very good coach, no doubt about that. One would question the method and process in which he was made the head coach.

If the club wanted to try and salvage an ounce of the respect they used to have at the Senior level they would surely want a transparent process in place.

It appears at least two interviews were required as a bare minimum, one for Travis and one for Shaun. If they wanted to appoint Shaun they could then do so knowing they had given both candidates the due respect they deserve.

This cloak and dagger operation is becoming tiresome at the Tigers and all they're doing is leaving themselves open for a backlash and/or criticism.

To Shaun - Good luck, you're a good coach and were integral part of the girls success this year. With no Junior potential coming up the line i think this gig could be a tad harder..

To Travis - Chin up Travis, you had more to offer the club than they realise, its just a pity they couldn't find 10 minutes of respect yet alone a substantial interview to find out for themselves.

To the Executive - The two man show has to go or at least be reviewed. with no results or improvement coming at Junior or Senior level, what was once the proudest club in the competition will end up an expensive social competition stadium at best.

Good luck to all, you'll need it.

Reply #287538 | Report this post

Missing the point you have missed the point.

Travis withdrew his application before being interviewed.

No need to interview.

Reply #287553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the truth comes out

Reply #287575 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

must be reasons why he withdrew his application though ?

Reply #287577 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Who cares.

Fact is how could the Club reappoint him when he no longer had his hat in the ring.

Unbelieveable you all have a go at the Club yet he had withdrawn.

Shaun is a good appointment and well known to Juniors at the Club

Reply #287583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even if they had interviewed them both, would the outcome have been any different??? i think not

Reply #287585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754