SRT070
Years ago

Anymore Sixers News?

Hi all,

its been a bit quiet on the sixers front and im just wondering if there is anymore news or training videos? i just read on the website that Darren hit 50 out of 56 3 pointers at training. is the team bonding well together?

Topic #23696 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

they were on the news last night showing off there conditioning training. Apparently Darren Ng has added 4" to his vertical leap.

Reply #287657 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Hopefully he can add some weight to his waist line. would be handy if he was a bit bulkier. i missed the news though last night.

Reply #287661 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes this is the quietest lead in to a NBL season on this site with very little news and stories about Sixers or NBL .
I realize no news is good news especially with Sixers but though might have had more feedback how team with new coach going ,especially new players and how do imports look especially Winder who we know nothing about

Reply #287700 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

glad im not the only one craving updates.

Reply #287706 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Don't know if anyone has already posted this information but the 36ers will have a stand at this year's Royal Adelaide Show. According to the Show Guide, "Players and coaches will be making special appearances on the stand throughout the Show, and will be available to sign autographs and chat to fans."

Should be a great opportunity to hear updates straight from the source.

This is the first time they've done this and I think it's a good way to appeal to we family supporters.

Reply #287720 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

definately a good idea for them to have a stand at the show, it will probably generate some interest as i know alot of people that didnt even know the NBL was still going these last few years apart from me going on about it. unfortunately i hate the show so i wont be going. but each to their own.

Reply #287724 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

Do they have a show bag? Very quiet build up to the season...

Reply #287750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know. seriously, are the NBL even close to advertising the upcoming season. WAKE up Basketball Australia! Its a joke we are the laughing stock of Australian sports. Even the netball is more appealing- (No dis-respect to netball) AUSTRALIAN BASKETBALL IS DEAD

Reply #287968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some Darren Ng news http://www.nbl.com.au/36ers/news/news/article/2010/august/darren-ng-writes-on-sixers-pre-season-1/

Reply #287973 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Lots of promotion going on at grassroots level at the moment from what I hear. No point having too much else at this time of year when footy finals are so dominant. From start of October is the time to ramp it up.

Reply #287976 | Report this post

Dissappointed  
Years ago

Quiet on the news front for 36er fans???

Geez Spare a thought for the GC Blaze members and supporters. We havnt even been told that our big off season signing (Rickert) isnt happening any more, or that we have actually signed 2 imports, and apparently I read on here that Pero Vasilevic is now signed as well.

Surely its not too hard to send out an email newsletter every fortnight or even monthly to the membership base and try and keep the people who have coughed up for season tickets somewhat informed.

Think yourselves quite lucky 36er fans that your club is focussed on the team and also the supporters who help to make the club what it is.

Reply #287981 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh good point disappointed, but you need to remember we are used to hearing alot of news. so yeh we are getting more news than you probably are but we are getting less than we normally get. become a sixers fan and jump on our bandwagon!

Reply #288407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754