MAD
Years ago

Aaron Bruce close to signing with Blaze

If you have been reading on the NBL website, the blaze are looking for a replacement for Cadee. Bruce and Tait are who they are looking at. Joey apperntly wants Bruce but he is not sure he wants to come back.

Topic #23720 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Get Lindsay. He is starting to grow up finally, will work well with Pero Cameron who is apparently involved coaching wise, and will be infinitely better for his experience as a starting guard at the highest level in Turkey.

Reply #288060 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Earlier in the year I was quite anti Lindsay Tait when his name was mentioned with the Breakers. I now think that he would be a great fit at either Webster or Henare's expense due to his recent form at the WC's where he has been outstanding. He has played solid d in every game and knocked down his open shots. Gold Coast would do well to have him on their team.

Reply #288065 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Absolutely. Aaron Bruce wouldnt be bad either though as your back-up!

Reply #288075 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He's not really close to signing - the article just says that he's been approached.

Reply #288081 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No way Bruce is coming back.

Reply #288089 | Report this post

MAD  
Years ago

Sorry Doctor, bad use of a header for the topic. But I have heard that Joey is in favour of Bruce rather than Tait.

Reply #288122 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yea and he is probably more in favour of Steve Nash over Bruce. No way it will happen though.

Reply #288124 | Report this post

The Messiah  
Years ago

Don't be so sure...

Reply #288127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope they sign steven markovic instead

Reply #288163 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Can I just use this forum to reitterate my belief that Paul Henare is the most overrated basketballer of all time?

Reply #288218 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Agree with Skip. No way will Bruce come back - I believe he has already turned down offers to play in the NBL this year.

Reply #288294 | Report this post

The Messiah  
Years ago

Yeah but that was before his marriage brokedown. He now has no reason to stay in the US and is looking to make his return. From all reports though his pricetag may still be a bit high, which for a bloke who has been out for a year is a bit ludicrous.

Reply #288369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is a gun, would love to see him back

Reply #288400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is a gun, would love to see him back

Reply #288401 | Report this post

The Messiah  
Years ago

My guess is he will be back in the league next season. With injuries to Cadee (GC), Williams (Cairns) and Rhys Martin (Gong) there are three pg spots up for grabs, all Aaron needs to do is pick a team and take a slight pay cut. I'm sure after one or two seasons back his stocks will rise again.

Reply #288442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754