Angelo
Years ago

U12 DIV 1 Please Explain

Been reading all this about the Norwood Sturt game and I live around the corner and am thinking of going tonight. Sounds interesting

Can some explain the history to me.

Topic #23727 | Report this topic

Jonas  
Years ago

i heard theres some good referees on the game aswell, not normal for Morphett Vale hmmm

Reply #288136 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

REALLY!!!!!!!!!

They are usually very ordinary here. I am going to have a look......

Hope there not the ones from Pasadena....

Reply #288137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angelo,
There is no "history" between these two teams - Norwood have beaten Sturt each time, most recent clashes have been fairly close with Norwood good enough to get the win each time.

I think it has more to do with individuals from other clubs which has a bone to pick with one of these two teams.

As someone who has been able to see these matchups a few times this year, I can assure you they are played fairly and in good competitive spirit, both coaches IMO are excellent young coaches, and the standard is quite remarkable for this grade. As long as you don't go there expecting a "feud" between the two, you'll likely get rewarded with a good game.

Reply #288150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you make sure a laminated copy of the ref abuse letter is given to one of these two coaches - better still tell the refs what they are supposed to do when abused.

I suspect the UIC at M/V does his job with more rigour than one from several weeks ago at Mars

Reply #288151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and further to my post above:

Norwoods worst nightmare is to lose tonight, us players from crappy Woodville (refer nix12 description)win and then front up for a re-match at PASADENA where tech fouls will be called!!

Reply #288152 | Report this post

europa  
Years ago

#152 - so tell us mate, how dis it all go last night. Did Norwood lose? Did Woodville win? I'm sure everyone here at Hoops would love to hear about it.

Reply #288228 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

Norwood U12 boys won. Perhaps they are not the under achievers after all!!!!!!!!!! As for woodville if you won against mavs then put up or shut up! And maybe we will see you in the finals. Umpires were quite good last night and didnt affect the outcome of the game. Thats how it should be. More than likely norwood sturt grand final.

As for you norwood haters out there, and you know who you are. The best team won!

Reply #288229 | Report this post

titan74  
Years ago

Congrats to norwood U12 boys. Watched the game last night and I thought it was great. The better team on the night won. Wouldn't get too excited, The big won is still to come. As for you woodville people, you seem to have plenty to say. Pitty you cant back it up. I hope you won, then if you are the team to beat, I am sure you will make the grand final.I am sure the norwood boys are up to the challenge!

Reply #288231 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Ha ha you guys are pathetic. All this bitching over under 12 boys! You are seriously pathetic! How about let the boys play for the enjoyment of the game, instead of your own enjoyment of boasting?

Reply #288232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let me guess Pallas - a failure yourself at sport who is trying to live it through your son who is lucky to be part of a good team.

Well done tosser!!

Reply #288236 | Report this post

juno  
Years ago

I like the way the above poster has a go at pallas, when it's actually these woodville people that everyone's laughing at.

Reply #288238 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gee, will the last underachieving parent living their dream through their kids please shut the door?

Reply #288239 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

I never started this, you guys seem to love bitching and having a go at people. Why havn't you got much to say now, Losers. Cant take it? then dont post it!!You are actually the pathetic ones. Dont even need to defend myself, how about you tosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #288242 | Report this post

c  
Years ago

does anyone know who won the div 2 u/12 north v sturt final

Reply #288244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im just glad sturt loss, any sturt team that looses is great

Reply #288264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you? They are only kids!

Reply #288279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping for a Norwood loss as this would have given us an easier run to the GF

Reply #288376 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

How does norwood loosing give you an eaisier run into theGF??

Reply #288378 | Report this post

Jonas  
Years ago

how were the referees?

Reply #288387 | Report this post

Jonas  
Years ago

how were the referees?

Reply #288388 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

Ref's were ok, like I said before didnt impact the game wich is good to see.

Reply #288435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pallas - I should have made it clearer

Woodville would think their chances of making the GF via the PF would be better by playing Norwood at Pasadena rather than Sturt

Reply #288436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

imagine if norwood lost i bet that pallas would have a different view on the refereeing.

Reply #288450 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

Sturt have lost 2 games at home already this year, so you cant tell me it cant be done! As for my view on the ref's, it would not have changed. they didn't have an impact on the game either way. Nothing to complain about. So I would bet you would be wrong. Ive seen the under dog win finals many times. Finals are funny things, if you think youre a sure thing, you normally end up loosing.

Reply #288462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pallas you bite back too easy.

And while we're talking about referees what about the Sturt coach that lost it post game with the refs on Friday at Pasadena? Abusing a ABA referee who is also an ex-Sturt junior. Classy

Reply #288463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do we also need to mention the norwood coach who lost their cool at a referee at the end of the game at Pasadena on friday??? Classy.......

Reply #288473 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

sounds like the ref's at pasadena wern't too flash on friday night. Hate that, ruins the game.

Reply #288478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like coaches falling apart under the stress of losing at finals time.

Reply #288480 | Report this post

qwerty  
Years ago

"Abusing a ABA referee who is also an ex-Sturt junior."

Aren't refs meant to be neutral.

Reply #288484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most referees are neutral but a lot also coach or have played.

I'd rather a referee who has experience as a coach or player then one who's never played the game at a decent level.

Reply #288485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pallas thinks he is a sure thing

Reply #288570 | Report this post

ganymede  
Years ago

I saw the incident you are referring to (girl's game, yes?). The coach did not lose his cool. It was the silliest, softest tech foul I've ever seen.

Reply #288572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pallas - apparently they have engrved the tropies already!!

Reply #288580 | Report this post

pallas96  
Years ago

Please explain? I think I am s Sure thing?? Engraved trophies already???

Reply #288584 | Report this post

Goldeneye  
Years ago

Wow. The U12 comp seems to bring out the very worst of the ugly parent syndrome. Shame on you all! Why not let your kids enjoy their sport rather than trying to make up for your own failures? Here's hoping that your children live happy and well-adjusted lives despite the bile and selfishness which their parents seem to dish up at games and in forums.

Based on the posts here, no parent with an interest in bulding happy, confident and respectful children would go anywhere near the Clubs mentioned in this thread.

Reply #288636 | Report this post

juno17  
Years ago

Goldeneye, or is it Dr Phil? Pity you cant charge for that advise. Ugly parent syndrone, making up for you own failures. Sound like thats right out of a text book. When its all said and done the under 12's have great respect for each other and competition is fierce. Nothing wrong with that. Now how about a group hug! Dont you feel better.

Reply #288642 | Report this post

wizzel08  
Years ago

Are you guys kidding me,these are 10and 11 year old kids who to be honest probably dont give a shit about winning or loosing but are put under so much pressure from the parents that it turns out like this. Good luck to all the parents who are trying to win that sheep station, maybe once you have won it you can sit on your porch and remember basketball is just for kids to enjoy, as the majority of you will realise later that less than 1% of the kids playing now will ever make a living from the game. LET THEM BE KIDS

Reply #288790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754