5 Melbourne
6 Wollongong
7 Townsville
8 Cairns
9 Sydney

Reply #288200 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Perth might go back to back if they get a bit of luck. Cairns down the bottom of the table should be about where they are. The rest should be pretty even.
Hard to see Sydney be too successful - don't think they will win a game. Reckon even Centrals might be able to knock them off.

Reply #288202 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Top 6 teams will be separated by 3 or 4 games. Like last season, road wins will be like finding a diamond in the rough.

1 Gold Coast
2 Perth
3 New Zealand
4 Melbourne
5 Adelaide
6 Townsville
7 Wollongong
8 Cairns
9 Sydney

Reply #288203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne
Townsville
Perth
Gold Coast
New Zealand
Adelaide
Cairns
Wollongong
Sydney

Reply #288210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only sixers fans would have Adelaide in the top 4 or 5. You wont be that good. Too Small and average imports!

Reply #288211 | Report this post

judus  
Years ago

very sad, we are in the middle of the world champs and people are tipping what may or may not happen not considering roster changes, injuries, chemistry. Just a waste of energy

Reply #288214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Judas,

"we are in the middle of the world champs" - yes

"people are tipping what may or may not happen not considering roster changes, injuries, chemistry." - yes

My question is - what about that is sad? Can't think about the local league while an international comp is on? Can't make an educated guess how the season goes before it starts? Why not?

Fwiw, Sixers knocking on the final four but just falling short seems about right.

Reply #288224 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'll play along although it is WAAAY too early and i've only seen 1 team!

Townsville
Perth
Melbourne
New Zealand
Cairns
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Wollongong
Sydney

Reply #288226 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

come on guys get on footytips.com.au and join my nbl tipping comp. Lets put all these peoples skills to the the test. Its free guys.

Reply #288235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to see some more realistic predictions (36ers championship contender baby!!1!) there is a thread devoted to it on Oz Hoops. Still can't see the Sixers coming close to making the playoffs.

1. Perth
2. Gold Coast
3. New Zealand
4. Townsville

5. Melbourne
6. Wollongong
7. Cairns
8. Adelaide
9. Sydney

Reply #288241 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

you muppets, the word on the street is that the sixers is the team going around at the present, along with gold coast & the sheep shaggers (NZ), so all you guys that are against Adelaide must be either Victorian (which means what you say means jack s**t) or you have no idea

Reply #288243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers have Jeff Dowdell as there backup big! hahahaha! No chance!

Reply #288245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ mr sixer have you seen the sixers line up for this year? You have to joking yourself if you think they'll be better then Perth, Melbourne, Townsville, Gold Coast or NZ...I would love to see you post this again in 6 months, when your fighting off the wooden spoon with Sydney and Cairns!

Reply #288246 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

anon you seem to know alot for someone that knows nothing. Yes im an adelaide supporter but i dont get the whole adelaide is too small. They got soo many bigs. Join the footy tips and prove us otherwise. But to be honest your point is retarded adelaide will finish higher than melbourne. Quote me on that

Reply #288247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is actually bigger than Perth yet no one says they are small. Right now they would also be bigger than gold coast. Only Melbourne and toile could be considered big teams

Reply #288249 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

most recent anon. You make a brilliant point that people keep overlooking. They keep saying we are short but we seem to have alot of bigs. I think its just jealousy from across the border. I think everyone knows melbourne is in the bottome four

Reply #288251 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

You Tiger Turkey (Melbourne Tigers) supporters have no idea, you guys are going to get a rude shock this coming season. No Pigeon (Chris Ansty) no Tiger Turkey.

Reply #288255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We've got Johnson who's a poor rebounder, Ballinger at 6'9" and those two backed up by Holmes (6'6") & Dowdell (6'8"). We're going to get killed on the boards this season and even though the Tigers will be an average team they will have a field day dining out on us. Schenscher will kill us in Townsville too.

Still can't believe we declined to re-sign Schenscher and went with Johnson instead. That one will be our "Cortez Groves" decision this season. I know the apologists (and there are more than a couple of shills on here) will come out and say "but he wanted too much money, sticking to the budget etc" but the Crocs turn a profit up there and stay under the cap.

Reply #288256 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Most people forget that Kirk Penney missed a lot of games last season due to injury and NZ had a lemon in Storey. Penney is in amazing form right now as is Vukona and Abercrombie. The Breakers only just missed out on the playoffs and were hot at the end of the season. Braswell was a big part of that and he is also back. If the new Import can play any better than Rickert or as good as, NZ will have to feel pretty confident.
The Sixers will be in the hunt this season I believe, better coach and a couple of roster improvements all point to better things to come.

Reply #288260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth: Great core. Leaders. Scorers. Crowd.
New Zealand: Penney. Vukona. Home court.
Townsville: Blalock. Hard-nosed. Road wins.
Wollongong: Might dip lower. Veterans. Heart.
Gold Coast: Davison & Hoare are great. Lack size.
Cairns: Love the Loughton and Ubaka signing.
Melbourne: Top heavy. 4 centres. Poor work rate.
Adelaide: Let's hope the Jason Winder is a star.
Sydney: An ABA team apart from Grizzard and Kazz.

Another couple awards for some fun:
MVP: Kirk Penney
Champs: Wildcats again
1st Team: Blalock-Penney-Redhage-Davison-Neville
DPY: Matt Knight
Sixth Man: Tim Coenraad
ROY: Ben Allen or Ben Magden
Coach: Rob Beveridge

Reply #288262 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

All of you sixers fans have no faith, until the season starts you can't make any predictions. Hey anon who said that Johnson is a poor rebounder, how about our glorious years with our main BIG man being Paul (slow as a snail) Rees, nothing personal Paul love you man you were fantastic. He wasnt the greatest player but he got the job done. So anon you are suffering from a severe case of N.F.I.

Reply #288265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

love everyone writing off wollongong again

Reply #288267 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

Lets all get down to the dome on Thursday night, everyone has Townsville high on their predictions.
Sixers V Townsville great chance to see where our team will fit

Reply #288268 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

I will be their, but remember it is a friendly & there will be experimentations. however it will be great to finally see them in action & prove all you non believes wrong

Reply #288269 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

New Zealand v Perth Grand FInal Series, Blaze right up there too. I dont think anyone can judge the 6ers, half a new team and new coach i think a realistic expectation is to play hard, play together and challenge for the playoffs. ill just be happy to see a team that plays hard,plays together and has no sooks or prima donnas. Lookin forward to it and mr sixer,i like the cut of your jib!

Reply #288272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha mr sixer you'll be the one in for a surprise!
your only hope is the winder is this years Mckee!

Reply #288274 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

you guys will be eating your own words, & shano threaten me again & .....................

Reply #288282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ mr-sixer. Sixers one of the team to beat along with GC and NZ. Did you get this info from your local SA broadcasters? You obviously have no idea about what happens outside crow eaters land!

I would say your imports and coach will be the first to be sacked this season!

Reply #288284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson will help you at the offensive end but he will hurt you at the other end.
Holmes will have to carry the rebounding load, Ballinger might be 6'9" but he plays about 6'5" when it comes to rebounding.
Your defence might pick up a bit with new coach, but it will have to improve significantly ie less zone, to make playoffs.

Reply #288286 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

again NFI you guys, lets see what Tiger turkey do this season

Reply #288287 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Adelaide: Let's hope the Jason Winder is a star.

Who the hell is Jason Winder? Pretty sure his name is Craig.

Reply #288293 | Report this post

bball fan  
Years ago

You guys are all on crack! Townsville will find it tough to loose a home game and win 50% on the road. Crocs to beat Perth/NZ in the GF!!

Reply #288303 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

Boo.......... how long you mupets been following the NBL for a week.

Reply #288354 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

LOL this thread delivers. this is even more reason for everyone to get on board with my nbl tipping comp then we have a record of who is right and wrong.

Reply #288364 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Also mr sixer Shano was complementing you. saying i like the cut of your jib is another way of saying i like your style. mind you in saying that i had to research the phrase on the interwebz before i knew what it meant.

The melbourne fans are really standing out in this thread though. cant wait until we spank them at the dome and in melbourne.

Reply #288365 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, this thread deteriorated.

Reply #288366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Had to laugh when the "threaten me again" guy emailed me to file a complaint about the personal threat, presumably about his "jib" being "cut"!?

Reply #288370 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Lol..I had to read the thread twice looking for the threat!

Reply #288372 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Hey Isaac, have you gotten on board with the NBL tipping comp on footy tips yet? havent seen anyone with the name isaac join yet? i feel like a jehova's witness

Reply #288373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sorry, no time for tipping this year!

Reply #288374 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

my apology shano, i thought it ment something else

Reply #288454 | Report this post

Adelaide will not make the playoffs.

book it.

A roster similar to the wooden spoon one will not make the playoffs.

Reply #288512 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

^^^LOL you clearly havent performed any research before your ill informed decision to decide to post a void comment.

players kept
Herbert
Ng
Hill
Holmes
Balls

that totals 5 players kept. which means another new 5 players which have come in, thats 50% incase you failed mafematiks.

players in:
Carter
Johnson
Dowdell
Winder
De Vries

new coach also.

how that is a similar roster makes no sense. if we only got two new players yes but 5 and a new coach, your dreaming

Reply #288554 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'll try ansd get this thread back on track (probably unsuccessfully)

...here's my early pre-season prediction:

1 New Zealand
2 Perth
3 Adelaide
4 Gold Coast
5 Melbourne
6 Wollongong
7 Townsville
8 Sydney
9 Cairns

Reply #288563 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

^like the look of LC's prediction

Reply #288613 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

So much will depend on whether the Breakers release some players from their contracts before this season. There are potentially some good Aussie replacements out there who are struggling for Euro jobs, but they dont know the system like Penney, Vukona and Abercrombie do.

Reply #288615 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Have you seen on NBA.com Brent Barry ect talking bout Penney and how he would have to have a few invites to NBA vets camp and that he would be a nice addition to a lot of teams in the league?

Reply #288624 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Penney is also in talks with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Reply #288627 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Im pretty sure he used to play for them a while ago TR.

Reply #288659 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

Well people.
We now know a bit more about our team.
3 from 4 against crocs and hawks, I know they are friendly's but are people starting to get on board yet?

GO SIXERS

Reply #289835 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

NZ
Perth
Townsville
Adelaide
GC
Melbourne
Gong
Cairns
Sydney

Reply #289853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754