Anonymous
Years ago

Cairns need to sign a YAP

Intersesting that the Tiapans are trying to sign Lindsey Tait or Kelvin Robertson as their YAP to replace Kerry Williams. Does not every roster need a YAP? How can they replace Kerry with the above mentioned?

Topic #23815 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They're not trying to sign those guys as their YAP. Going by their site, they only have nine players signed which means they could get a YAP (if Dillon doesn't count) and sign the Williams replacement.

Reply #289474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ubaka
Grabau
Jones
Rychart
Loughton
Crosswhite
Brebner
Import-(Can't remeber his name)
Dillon
Dawson
Looks like 10 to me so far

Are you saying that Dillon and Dawson are 11 and 12?

Reply #289476 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Anon 23815: cross Robertson off that list!

Reply #289478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ahh, there was no mention of Brebner on the Taipans team lists on their site, but he's their 10th man according to a quick search.

Dawson is one of the development players. Arizona Reid is the second import.

I can only assume that somehow Dillon makes it under the cut-off date? I thought that was 1-Apr-87, and he's an 86. Must've changed?

Reply #289479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arizona reid was probably one of the best undersized college PF/C ever at 6'5 and in 07/08 was considered the second best player in the big south only behind kevin durant. Big south player of the remarkably twice only the 3rd player ever to do so. Only player in his conference to average 20 and 10 through his career. Dont forget his name again because this guy has serious game for a 6'5 pf.

Reply #289481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard it most likely will be deba george and i think he's perfect for the team, he knows there play, future all star dunker and can nail 3's and he looks little like allen iverson.

Loughton/Crosswhite
Reid/Brebner
Rychart/Grabau
Jones/Dillon
Ubaka/George

Reply #289482 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

So AZ can't play SF? Any outside game at all? I wouldn't be too comfortable with Dusty there.

Reply #289488 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I saw the practice game bt Cairns & TV. Deba played solid minutes & deserves that spot. Arizona Reid looks small. He didn't suit up but his size worries me.

Reply #289499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just heard from someone involved with one of the NBL clubs - they believe that you can replace a YAP with a non-YAP as long as you're still under both caps. Interesting.

Reply #289502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was talking to two people who played AZ Reid in finland when he played and the guy couldnt get in any of the top ten stat categories for the year. They could not believe that he was getting a NBL gig as they thought he would even cut it as a SEABL/ABL import. will be interesting to see

Reply #289520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be good in NBL suits his game perfect. Like I said best stats in ncaa div 1 college bball for a undersized pf.

Reply #289528 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Arizona - 1st import cut or retained due to lack of finances.

Reply #289536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754