John
Years ago

Cairns @ Townsville, September 16

Cairns visit Townsville tonight in a game where both sides will be slightly undermanned but we will get a look at two supposedly strong 2010 NBL squads.

Russell Hinder (Foot) and Gabe Freeman (Knee) will miss and Kerry Williams (Knee) will miss the entire season.

I expect a strong showing from Cairns with almost a full squad, Deba George has so far stepped in with success and Ubaka, Loughton, Reid, Rychart and Crosswhite all solid players.

Hinder and Freeman are key players in the Crocs line-up so I expect Blanchfield, Williamson, Cedar and Allen to step in and take a bigger role

Topic #23821 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

So Cairns are actually not undermanned because Williams is out for the entire season right?

Reply #289521 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Cairns won by 11 tonight. Arizona Reid again missed but Deba George, Chris Daniel, Daniel Dillon and Alex Loughton were impressive. Michael Cedar seemed to injure a hamstring while Blalock went scoreless and Townsville made many basic errors

Reply #289554 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Blalock will be the first import sacked this year!

Reply #289567 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

Townsville, were put through a full training session before the game to see how they would perform tired, and Blalock dished 7 assists, which is exactly what the Crocs want.

Reply #289581 | Report this post

millhouse  
Years ago

yeah I think blalock will be under pressure unless he can get going in offense - 7 assists is good providing you also get some points

Reply #289589 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Townsville have had 2 2hr full contact sessions in the past 2 days so Trevor could test their ability whilst tired etc. They looked flat but Cairns played very physically and shot well.

I dont think players such as Deba George and Chris Daniel will have this kind of performance during the season, certainly not consistently. Daniel looked shocked when his name was called in the 1st Q! :)

BUT Townsville looked a bit lost at times, Crosswell at 1 and Blalock at 2 looked weird, Schensh & Allen will have to get used to that level of physicality.

Reply #289610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ Rod. I think you just hit on the real problem. Blalock & Croswell are a bit of an issue with the Crocs. Crossy is better than a ten minute backup but the fact that both are purely point guards make you have to play them both. With zilch perimiter threat from them this cant happen. Once Croswell is signed you need a combo PG who can swing to the two spot. He may well be more of a one but still must be able to play the two. An example would be the way the Hawks used Mckee last year.

Reply #289615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree. And Crosswell could start too - he was a pretty good signing.

Reply #289619 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754