Showtime
Years ago

36ers vs Wollongong

Prediction for tonight????

check out

http://linky.com.au/1me7s

Dont know if i've done this linky right so if it doesnt work check out

www.whyallabasketball.com.au

Like the way they have done the court with old 3pt line in colour and new 3pt line

Will try and post running score if i can as will be at game

Topic #23825 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should be a good game. Looking forward to Sam "Stretch" Harris dunking and "Tommy Terrific" swishing baskets making the Ninja look like a three point apprentice.

It's appropriate that the Hawks from Steeltown NSW are up in Steeltown South Australia.

Reply #289571 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

should be a good game, either way I think it will be close

Reply #289578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope sam harris has a great game and gets elevated to the playing roster, his height could be a great help to our season

Johnson/Harris
Ballinger/Dowdell
Holmes/Hill
DeVries/Ng
Winder/Carter

now if harris and johnson can contribute enough to this team we could go deep into the finals!!! cmon 36ers!!!!!!!!!

Reply #289585 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think we look a bit better with Ballinger playing at Power Forward - when we can do that.
While only yesterday some have Ballinger as allstar 5 PF and this gives us a chance to see that, some of the time.

Reply #289587 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Even though I like having a big 7 footer on the team, I hope the sixers look at spending their availbe 8 points on a better player

Reply #289588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Showtime should pull on the boots mate!!

Reply #289594 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'm heading over there shortly, so I too will try and keep you updated as well.

Reply #289597 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

Skip....

Catch up????

Be good to put face to name

Reply #289599 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

For sure Showtime.

I'll be the guy there playing music.

Reply #289601 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

sixers by 5

Reply #289602 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

While you would not want to miss Herbert all season the Harris addition makes for a better balanced line-up.

Winder and Carter are a great combination at point guard.

DeVries and Ng are deadly shooters and hopefully they can do other things as well.

Holmes and Hill. Holmes adds toughness and rebounding to the squad while he can hit the 3 and Hill at his best is a great slasher and athlete.

Ballinger and Dowdell are both pure power forwards and must stay at this position. All else fails Clarke can throw Ballinger to the pivot.

Johnson and Harris provide size and Johnson can be a quick bunch scorer whilst Harris takes up space.

Reply #289611 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Holmes and Hill. Holmes adds toughness and rebounding to the squad while he can hit the 3 and Hill at his best is a great slasher and athlete."

Holmes isn't a small forward. I think that's what I disagree with most when all you people suggest signing another big man. I wouldn't be comfortable with him spending more than 10mins a game there. He's far more effective inside.

Dowdell is more than capable at C as well IMO.

The team balance was fine with Herbie. Hopefully they can find a capable SF to replace him with.

Reply #289622 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Hawks are without their starting GF backcourt - Mat Campbell and Rhys Martin so this will test depth.

Their minutes will primarily go to Tin Coenraad, who has been large in his pre-season games to date, and 11th man Tyson Demos who has been impressive playing out of position in a couple of starts at the point.

The Winder / Ervin match up should be good.

Reply #289626 | Report this post

BFresh  
Years ago

Cant wait, go sixers!

I'll be there too so will be happy to give some insight into what I see!

Reply #289628 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

"I think we look a bit better with Ballinger playing at Power Forward - when we can do that. "

I couldnt agree with this more. Ballinger has such an impact on the game playing at Power Forward and I hate watching his natural game nullified by people playing him at centre

Reply #289636 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Quarter time. Sixers lead the Hawks 31- 22

Reply #289643 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Winder and Davidson in a double unsportmanlike after wrestling to the ground.

Reply #289644 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pretty good - Don't mind a bit of Carter PG Winder SG
DeVries SF Ballinger PF and a Centre.
Winder 19,25 pts - gotta get 26 tonite.

Reply #289645 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Half Time at Whyalla. Hawks have taken the lead from the Sixers. 50 - 47.

Reply #289648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Harris doing?

Reply #289649 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Any chance someone can provide a boxscore at the end of the game?

Wish I was there, the Upper Spencer Gulf is a great part of the world and has some great local basketball comps.

Reply #289650 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I will try and get some full stats. Down 67 - 68 at 3/4 time

Reply #289651 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Scorers ?

Reply #289653 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Thanks Skip.

Reply #289654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers by 1

Reply #289655 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sixers win 80 - 79!

Reply #289656 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Thanks for the updates folks. Go 6ers!

Reply #289657 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Stats sheet doesn't seem to exist at this point.

Reply #289660 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Cheers for the updates skip! how did Harris go? did he play much?

Reply #289664 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

I went to this game in Whyalla making the trip from Port Augusta having moved from Adelaide and having to give up my season tickets at the start of this year.

Was an entertaining game and relatively high intensity and physical - especially for a pre-season game. Hopefully its a sign of the hard-nosed physical defence Clarke will hopefully get the team to play on a consistent basis.

We were lucky to win the game at the end with a careless backcourt turnover in the last 25 seconds giving them a shot at the win.

The 36ers offence looked best with Carter, Wynder and Ballinger on he floor and these three were the most impressive for the night. When one of these guys were off, we tended to struggle to create good shots. Carter was particularly impressive directing traffic in the open floor.

Harris hardly played and was tentative when he go out there. Can't see him making much of an impact to be honest.

However, overall I was impressed with the sixers performance and was happy to see a close game.

Reply #289676 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

Also Skip, loved the fact you played Moscow, made me think I was back at Brett Maher Court.

Reply #289677 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Boxscore? Did young gun Daly get any minutes?

Great result to get a win!

Reply #289678 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Thanks for the summary Minx. We might just have a spare ticket for you when you come back to Adelaide for the odd game...

Reply #289679 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

A big congrats to Whyalla/Wildcats for a well organised game.
Sorry Skip about not catching up but i was holding the bar up and it took its toll by the end of the night.
Was very impressed with Carter as Minx said he controlled the court well and i like the combination of him and Winder in the 1/2 spot.
Daly saw minutes in the first quarter.
IMO the game was of a very good standard for pre-season
Big Ads you'll need to get back to your old stomping ground and see some games late Oct and late Nov

Reply #289690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the NBL site:

Adelaide : Adam Ballinger 25, Craig Winder 16 , Darren Ng 11
Wollongong Ervin 21, Forman 13 and Demos 9
Bet a few other Adelaide fans will be happy to see Ballinger at the top of the scoring list!

Reply #289699 | Report this post

BFresh  
Years ago

Ballinger looked really good, stroke looking sweet as usual. He would have ended up with more points if he didnt find himself in foul trouble. Unfortunately when he was off the court the sixers offense looked stagnant and confused without him being an option.

Love the guard combo of Winders / Carter. They hustled hard and clearly were looking to find their team mates first most of the time. Bringing the hard work and defensive focus that Marty Clarke has talked about going into this season.

The only notable criticism I had of Winders was his shot selection with less than 2 minutes to go, shot a heavily contested mid range jumper with the game in the balance. Hopefully it was just an error on his behalf and not a deeper problem with decision making down the stretch.

Was good to see both sides down here and were definitely playing to win (loved Saville's dummy spit at the ref after the final siren, probably warranted though!). Thanks for putting on a good show for Whyalla!

Reply #289745 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

2500 at the dome for Crocs game and Starplex sold out today for another Wollongong game. I think sixers may have won agen, today - I think so , DeVries may have played, so should've won - Probably been a big crowd at dome today.

Reply #289753 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

6ers won by 5....cool down the stretch....was very good coaching

Reply #289761 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Carter Winder Clarke - seem pretty good.

Reply #289762 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

how was harris this arvo?

Reply #289763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris played about 3-4 minutes and did nothing. Harris seems very un-coordinated, dropped a few passes, struggled with defenders swiping for the ball in the post and easily bodied out on the boards. Harris is just not up to NBL standard.

Reply #289769 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Would've been good to be able to see it.
Boti gives a good write up now.

Reply #289770 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

How did Johnson go? do people think he is likely to play at the level he was at when anstey was out last year, averaging 15pts 5-10 rebounds??
I hope so as we need atleast 20 mins a game out of him,
Any news on Herberts replacement?

Reply #289775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be daly, bet ya

Reply #289878 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754