Jay
Years ago

Brisbane signs most over rated player in the NBL

Sam Mackinnon has been signed by Brisbane. There is another team he can under perform at!

Topic #2384 | Report this topic

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Sam is a decent rebounder,but the rest of his game sucks!
47% free throw shooter last season and 30% three point shooting!
Very over rated.

Reply #26721 | Report this post

Jammal  
Years ago

Agreed Mackinnon is a non factor in big games.

Brisbane you are welcome to him.

Reply #26722 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His output would surely be better than Castle though.

The rumour now is that Freeman will be going to Sydney in place of Sanford. I think Goorjian would aim to hold on to Roberts though.

Reply #26723 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

He WAS a great athlete !!

such a pity he never develpod a better 'off the dribble' jump shot .. No-one could block him.

His dunks were great .. but i agree let Brisbane give him a run and see what sort of mileage he has left in him.

Reply #26725 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Change of teams is just what Mckinnon needs after the last season or 2. We all know he can play he's just got to find his game again. But putting him with the brisbane line up MIGHT not be the team to get his game back on. I wouldn't expect him to get more court time at brisbane.

Should join cattalini and make cairns a play off contendor. Im pretty sure it was cairns cattalini joined ..... (hoping im right..)

Reply #26748 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

PG Rucker
SG Black
SF Mackinnon
PF Brannen

with an import C who is decent that is a very tough starting 5.
there is enough shooting in the backcourt to complement sam's lack of shooting and plenty of rebounding in the front court.

here's hoping that sam continues his disapeering act in big games and brisbane get knocked out by the 6ers next season :P

Reply #26767 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Mckinnon is a has been, Brisbane must be desperate for any type of change.

If Freeman goes to Sydney, the rest of the league will have to seriously watch out!

Reply #26815 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

MacKinnon averaged 15 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists last season.

He certainly hasn't lived up to his pre-injury NBA expectations but by NBL standards is still one of the best Australian small forwards in the game. Definitely not a has been.

Is a great pick up by the Bullets who are evidently going hard after Bradtke as well. Tigers are very unhappy as Bullets have allegedly broken league rules and offered Bradtke a nice deal.

Lets hope they don't get Bradtke or else look out. Bradtke, Brannen and MacKinnon would be the best rebounding front court in the league.

Reply #26819 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting to note that the penalties for breaking the restriction on when player negotiations can begin are very small. I'm not surprised that Brisbane are going for Bradtke early, given that they'd previously wanted Anstey and have now lost him to Melbourne.

Meanwhile in Adelaide, the deadlock continues I guess.

Reply #26852 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Lets hope the deadlock ends soon Isaac.

As I've posted previously, I can't see us getting into a bidding competition with any team (apart from maybe West Sydney) so we can pretty much cross the major free agents like Bradtke, etc off our list.

Lets just hope we can re-sign our nucleus and make a couple of small improvements.

Reply #26855 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

not liking the look of next season at all - again adel are going to come out of the blocks late due to befuddling around, and all good signings will be taken by teams such as brisbane/sydney who have amazing financial abilities to get everone under salary cap.

Same old story with adel's woes continuing.

Reply #26928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754