I wonder
Years ago

Who should Cairns get as their replacement import?

Who will Cairns go for in the import stakes? I suspect that they will have to do it cheaply, but still get a quality option. Guys I can think of include.

Willie Farley - Demonstrated that he is in top shape during the HSH and that he can still ball. His defense actually looked very good during the tournament as it has been one criticism over the years. He has the body like a d-mac or even a copeland as he could play for years and still dominate. A great bring in quick option for Cairns and would be cheap, still getting them 20ppg.

Ebie Erie - a possible option, but he asks for a lot of money so I am not sure they could afford this at the ,moment. Good scorer though

Mike Helms - He may come as a cheap option and he could put some points on the board for them. I am not sure where he is playing at the moment though.

Take a risk on a young guy or unknown is probably the only other option, but a real risk for Cairns.

Topic #23852 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see Ebi Ere back in our league for any team, however he would command a high salary.

Mike Helms would be cool or any untried person.

Reply #289826 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Isn't Allen Iverson looking for a gig somewhere?

Reply #289836 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

Arizona Reid was an undersized 4 so surely they will be looking for a 3/4 option(looking at their roster), and look to add a decent aussie backup PG with the loss of Kerry Williams.

PG - Ubaka/Young Aussie PG
SG - Jones/Grabau
SF - ?/Dillon
PF - Loughton/Dusty
C - Crosswhite/?

Reply #289848 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Should look at Isma'il Muhammad, won SEABL MVP.

Reply #289852 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'd be looking to rotate Dusty to the 3-spot if that's the case. Don't know why he'd be bench material.

Take a local for the bench warming.

Reply #289860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kelvin robertson signed with them didn't he resently

Reply #289863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Erron Maxey!

Reply #289864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mark worthington!

Reply #289865 | Report this post

millhouse  
Years ago

sign Deba G at backup point

erron Maxey sf-pf as second import

and grab Craig Bradshaw as backup pf-c

Reply #289866 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Massingale

Reply #289867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyve already signed dean brebner, do they wont get bradshaw

Reply #289868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sun Ming Ming

Reply #289869 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Hodge........would love to see him back at the dome playing for asnother team

Reply #289871 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Loughton/Crosswhite
Rychart/Brebner
Import SF/Grabau
Jones/Dillon/Grabau
Ubaka/Dillon/George

Gotta be a SF. Farley and Helms don't fit alongside Phillll. Maxey would be handy.

Will probably be a newbie to the league, a Tyndale-like young signing if there are any left.

Reply #289880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ismaill Muhammed name has been thrown around but unlikely.

Reply #289887 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

wonder if they have been in touch with homocide? he may be a one man band but he will get them a few wins. just not sure what his price is these days.

Reply #289888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definately needs to be maxey.

Reply #289899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide isn't coming to Aust this season...best bet wold be as the face of the new Bullets...
He is out of range in the $ market right now..

Reply #289903 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

I think people are forgetting the things that Farley can do. Firstly he brings a crowd, secondly he is exciting to watch and thirdly he will be cheap for a team like Cairns and won't stuff around in public with a drink driving charge. He is a proven player and would be a great last minute back up.

Reply #289907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully that is true i love homicide hopefully he can still get out hear and commentate but thats an unrealistic option, i heard rumour aswell Helliwell might be going to the bullets aswell as Daniel Kickert.

Reply #289908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

helliwell has signed for 2 years for tigers. Nathan Jawai could be a possibillity he has only signed a 1 year deal with partizan and over in europe he should lose some weight i would hope to think.

Reply #289910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley was flat out shooting it from outside the arc aswell at HSH and playing big minutes and pulling down rebounds. But do Adelaide fans really want to see willy farley playing for a team other then the 36ers.

Reply #289911 | Report this post

James Johnson  
Years ago

Ismail Muhammad - Brilliant athlete, super super dunker and a solid all-around player. Jump shot would lack at the next level as I would highly doubt he would provide any 3-point shooting. Would be a young Bennett Davison type.

Willie Farley - Would have to have a job lined up by now, however he would be a good get as long as he buys into Fearne's defensive set-up. Whether he can guard opposition 3's is a worry too.

Personally I would go with a 3-man that can really drill the long ball and defends well. I'm not too worried about him being a super athlete or creative scorer but a shooter and defender in the Luke Meyer or Massingale mould

Reply #289921 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Corey Williams would certainly spice it up & he'd love a crack at the Crocs!!

Reply #289942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worthington doesnt have a job and seasons start in 4 weeks.

Reply #289967 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Isn't Wortho playing in Europe??

Reply #289977 | Report this post

millhouse  
Years ago

Wortho would be an awesome pickup at SF/PF
would make the tiapans a legit contender

Reply #289994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no euro gig so far - Wortho to Cairns or NZ is a reasonable guess.

Reply #290018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754