LC
Years ago

Opals World Champ final team named

Basketball Australia has just sent out a press release listing the final Opals team for the 2010 World Championships. Although not currently posted on the BA website, here is the final team:

Abby Bishop
Tully Bevilaqua
Liz Cambage
Hollie Grima
Kristi Harrower
Lauren Jackson
Jenna O'Hea
Erin Phillips
Sam Richards
Belinda Snell
Penny Taylor
Marianna Tolo

I'll post the BA link once it is up.

Topic #23871 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 pg's is one too many i reckon. especially with a couple of others on the team that can fill that spot competently if needed.

Reply #290049 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Amazing the team has not yet been posted on the BA website, yet it is listed on FIBA's WC for Women website!

FIBA Link: http://linky.com.au/0neug

I actually think the team is pretty much spot on, a good mix of youth and experience. We have a very versatile team that has a chance to go all the way. My only potential change would have been to have a healthy Batkovic-Brown in the team, but she is not available.

Reply #290053 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If you haven't seen 18 year old Liz Cambage play yet
don't worry - you'll see her at the next 4 Olympics and in next seasons WNBA.
(I stole some of the words - but I'm a bit of a fan and says wot I was thinking.)

Reply #290055 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #290073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll struggle! Sure they'll finish top 3 but Bozo the Clown could coach the team to that position. Graf is heavily reliant on exceptional consistent performances from both Jackson and Taylor (Something they haven't been able to do at the last Olympics or World Champs) and putting a hell of a lot faith in 'kids' to stand up in an environment that they've never been. A bronze medal would be a success.

Reply #290155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754