Isaac
Years ago

Boti compares Winder to Green

Boti has a story on Adelaide Now comparing new 36ers import Craig Winder's game to that of past NBL legend Al Green:

Adelaide may have unearthed another Al Green in import playmaking guard Craig Winder.

On Sunday as the 36ers beat Wollongong 89-84 in an NBL pre-season trial at Starplex in Gawler, Winder had tongues wagging about his similarities to the Sixers' legendary Hall of Famer.

Full story

Might be because I've just watched White Men Can't Jump, but Winder also reminds me a bit of Wesley Snipes. New 36ers uniform could include a selection of hats:

Topic #23876 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

While only yesterday - DeVries reminded me a little of Maher. Not saying he's as good as Maher, in his prime. Echoes of a past hero.

Reply #290086 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Its interesting what Willie Janette picked up on, that they both 'body up' in the back court when the game is on the line.

Obviously Winder is a strong athlete who enjoys a bit of contact and he is great with the ball in the paint, but it is early days yet and at this stage you couldn't draw much that that.

Reply #290087 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon the Winder goatie is pretty cool.

Reply #290092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel, while DeVries isn't quite Maher, he at least brings that crunch-time, go-to guard the 36ers haven't quite had (besides Ng?) for a while.

Reply #290093 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

DeVries ability to very quickly release a good long pass in transition reminds me of Maher.

Reply #290099 | Report this post

lol Winder won't be better than Hodge, let alone as good as Green.

Reply #290101 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Might not be as gooder player as hodge but will be abetter person and locker room presence. Hodge is the biggest wanker to play nbl but we wont go thru that again.

Reply #290103 | Report this post

Roger Murdock  
Years ago

how much team success did hodge have in Australia ?

says it all about Julius

Reply #290104 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

@Isaac, Ng as the 'crunch-time, go-to guard?' Yeah, I guess so. No wonder the Sixers have stunk so badly the last few years. No offence Darren, I like you. But hell, you ain't that guy.

@shano, won't go through it again but you'll bring it to our attention again. But that's all.

Reply #290112 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Sorry Junga! But i guess if you dont like it, you dont have to read it! ANd the poster before me really bought it to attention i just had my say..apparently thats not what this is for??WOnt do it again...

Reply #290123 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How come all NBL threads turn into Hodge bashing sessions?

Reply #290125 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

who's Hodge lol

Reply #290137 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

@Junga Amen on the Ng insight. Personally the only time I'd like to see him on the court is when he has a towel in his hand (actually I think they use mops now). Sorry Darren but you just don't cut it.

Reply #290139 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

jack, the reason they turn into about hodge everytime is because the julius hodge poster seems to like starting arguments about it everytime. i say ignore him

Reply #290141 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

The only Hodge I know that plays sport is the one for Hawthorn FC and he is a legend. Any others are probably deadbeats.

While I am all full of praise for every player in the team, I dont think I would be praising any import when if you look at the last 3 years, which imports have been really successful for the club?

I fail to find many out of a possible 6

Reply #290167 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Must admit I saw a Green likeness from first highlights seen.
Of course that doesnt make him another Al Green but certainly looking better than last years imports.
That of course is nothing too much to brag about .
With much stronger imports and finally a top coach just a little dissapointing not done a lot better in trial matches especially as some teams been under strength.
The time to gel argument is not on as most teams had big changes.
Still hope that Herbert replacement is a bigger player to strengthen what looks like a bit of a weakness. Can anyone explain why Daniel J getting so little court time when Clarke snapped him up so quick

Reply #290175 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

@shano, a lot of people say 'if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.' But its hard to know what someone has written unless you read it.

I just don't like it when people state an opinion and then say 'but we won't go through that.' If we're not going to talk about it then don't state your unsolicated opinion unless you want to talk about it.

Its like its used as a free pass. Like saying 'I don't mean to be a bitch, but Janet is a fat slag.' Saying 'I don't mean to be a bitch' doesn't give someone a free pass to be bitchy. Its just a thing that irrates me.

Reply #290192 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So, are we gonna get those hats or not?

(BTW, Junga, I don't think the problem was necessarily the finishing as it was the distributing last year.)

Reply #290194 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Junga, i think on the Eric Bana show back in the day (i have the dvd) he did a joke relating exactly to that. his reference was more when driving and someone cuts you off, you give them the horn and then they return the wave. and he was saying how people use the wave as a get out of jail free card, does that mean everyone can go around cutting everyone off and just give the wave to make up for it. and went to say does that excuse the pilot flying the plane that dropped little boy on hiroshima if he gave the wave.

Reply #290206 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Junga I will not raise a topic or express an opinion cos i wouldnt want to irritate you!

Reply #290216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers facebook:

The Official Adelaide 36ers Page quote of the day " so Craig how did you enjoy your first AFL Grand Final?" Craig " I fell asleep during the first quarter and woke up when everybody was mad."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply #290385 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Haha, nice comment from Winder! I like this guy!

Reply #290389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754