ITK
Years ago

Sixers Season Launch

Season Launch Invite
As the 2010/11 iiNet NBL Championship approaches, so does the Adelaide 36ers Season Launch.
The season launch is on Friday 8th October, on court at the Dome, with the theme being "Game Night." It will be a cocktail style function, with everything and everyone in the stadium reflecting a typical game night, except you will be the people taking to the court! There will be interviews with the coach and a number of players, and it will be a great chance for us all to get together to launch the new season.
Tickets to this event are available for $60 each, please RSVP by contacting the club by Friday 1st October, by calling 1300 749 377, to organise payment by credit card over the phone, or in person at the Dome.
Look forward to seeing you there,
Best Regards,
Dean Parker
Commerical Operations Manager

Topic #23880 | Report this topic

Jack  
Years ago

Isn't that the night Lightning play their first game?

Reply #290173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems to be - Lightning play the Rangers at Wayville.

Reply #290178 | Report this post

Mummas 78  
Years ago

me thinks Basketball SA needs to utilise Google Calendar so all the parties involved in Basketball in this state can have their own calendars set up so when events like this are "planned" they can overlay all calendars make sure clashes like this don't happen

its only a small thing, but lots of small things can break big things

Reply #290185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mumma's...that is no where near as dumb as it sounds...

Reply #290187 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Tough choice, go to the 36ers talkfest for $60 or watch the Lightning for $6 (or whatever it is, seeing as the Lightning still have the venue as the Distinctive Homes Dome and I assume related ticket prices on their website).

Perhaps I will stay home and watch the Womens world championships instead

Reply #290190 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A common calendar may be a good idea - juts don't let the Delhi Games organising committee run it

Reply #290191 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Yes it is the same night as the Lightning game - apparently the 36ers don't care about what the Lightning are doing and think they will get more people at the launch (at $60.00/head ????????)

Ushiro,
The Lightning website schedule only lists ONE game at the Dome, that is the Double Header with the 36ers when the Lightning and 36ers both play the Perth teams. All other games are at either Wayville (7), Pasadena (1) or Starplex (2).

Mummas78,
Dont' forget that Basketball SA don't own either teams so I can't imagine they have anything to do with any of these events. The only thing Basketball SA is responsible for is programming junior games on the nights that NBL and WNBL games are scheduled.

Reply #290197 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

ANON12 - I am aware of the programming of Lightning Games - my point was that from the Lightning website, under TICKETS, it only has details of the Distinctive Homes Dome. It hasnt been updated to give 2010-11 Venue Details for Wayville, the correct home court.

Reply #290202 | Report this post

Mummas 78  
Years ago

Basketball SA is still the peak basketball body in SA. I know that not every basketball competition/team is not under the control of Basketball but it still needs to try and be involved in the advancement of basketball.

Would hate to think any of these organisations could actually talk to each other

Reply #290204 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

What's for dinner @ the launch?

Or do I need to buy some pizza before I get there.

Reply #290205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Champ, cocktail function I think.

Reply #290212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a story on Stateline on the ABC tonight about the Midnight Basketball comps here and there was a quick interview with Adam Ballinger during the story but I missed what he said.

Reply #290224 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think he said "Come to the Sixers launch"

Reply #290230 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

LOL
Like that Jack Toft.

Reply #290236 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

LOL
Like that Jack Toft.

Reply #290237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad thing is there will probably be more people at the 36ers Season Launch then will go watch the Lightning.

Reply #290242 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Work together, folks. It doesn't take much to hold a quick meeting together every few weeks between the key peak bodies - BSA, Sixers, Lightning - and compare notes and agree on what's best for basketball and sport in our state. In the words of Dipper in his famous SPATFA interview: "I'm shocked and dismayed." Surely this would already be happening.

Reply #290297 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Went to the launch tonight and had a great time. Boys looking pretty good, girlfriends even better.

Isaac,
re your shirt: Did you loose a bet or something? Marcellini's pizza rang and are looking for a missing table cloth.......

Reply #291511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754