Flinders80
Years ago

Are you excited about U23 Competition?

Just wanted to hear thoughts from as many people as possible. I anticipate this competition to be very tight.

Imagine having 5 years worth of players to chose from for your D1 team. I get the feeling that most clubs will have a quite competitive team. Success in numbers. Any one club could have around 50-100 Players to choose a D1 team from.

Topic #23913 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon the standard in the Div 1 could rival ABA standard

Reply #290658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am coaching in the div 2 comp and im very excited to see how it runs. i no alot of the kids in the squad are very keen to get going as well!

Reply #290659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't get enthused with the phases and restricted teams against which you compete in Div 2.

Reply #290670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep! As a coach its awesome to see the opportunity for players to have a few yrs to develop as they move into seniors. I played 20 Div 1 and wish I had a few more yrs a that level before having crack at abl....

Heaps of teams seem to be entering this competitions so it will be very interesting and exciting games as long as the best players in the age group play as seems to be the case.

Reply #290673 | Report this post

gh  
Years ago

what will be the top teams in u/23s

Sturt
eagles
west
north
woodville
south

I think these would be close to the top 6 not sure on the others (not sure whos in thier teams ) but over the last few years the same group are always around the mark...

Reply #291070 | Report this post

hefty  
Years ago

centrals will be the team to beat i would think

Reply #291093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whos in the team besides carlin?

Reply #291105 | Report this post

hefty  
Years ago

humphries and templeton?

Reply #291232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

humphries has been out for over 12 months so it would take a few weeks to get up to speed..

Reply #291251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprising but South have withdrawn a number of their Youth League teams.

Reply #291261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gh,

Who does west have to be ranked so high in your opinion??

Reply #291266 | Report this post

gh  
Years ago

I have heard that they have got some new players comming in, and it is not in order where those teams will finish they are just the teams i think will be in the mix .......

Reply #291278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Molitor and Bondy playing?

Reply #291281 | Report this post

gh  
Years ago

why wouldent they maybe not molitor (heard hes going to fotty) but bondy will

Reply #291293 | Report this post

Dallas  
Years ago

Humphries, Templeton and Carlin - if that's all Centrals have they will be a LONG way off the pace. Great players all three of them, but nowhere near the depth that almost every club will have. Will struggle IMO and finish toward the bottom of the ladder.

Reply #291296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754