Anonymous
Years ago

Praise for ESPN/Foxtel

Just thought that with all the bagging that goes on (and most of the time it's deserved) re basketball on TV; that ESPN/Foxtel deserved a lot of praise for the amount of College ball they've shown this year. The coverage continues with two Sweet 16 games today (half-way thru Washington v Louisville) and Bogut's Utes LIVE tomorrow arvo.

From one foxtel subscriber thanks again for showing the some of the best real basketball around.

Topic #2393 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definite praise for their college commitment.

Nothin but disgust for their NBA commitment....

Its gotten down to almost 1 game a week now... and for some reason they love to show Spurs, TWolves, or Sixers games.

Reply #26822 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

no shit they used 2 hav 2 nba games a week now we c 1 if where lucky! no one wants 2 see philly play and dont show the spurs wen duncan and ginobilli r out! i demand games!

Reply #26946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We had two weeks where they only played one game. If you took notice the Saturday before hand they showed both games of the ESPN double-header, maybe did so to cover the fact they couldn't/wouldn't show a game on the following Thursday.

I was very happy to see Phoenix v Miami on Saturday so I for one won't be complaining.

For those willing to get up early (or who haven't made it to bed yet) ESPN will be showing the Elite 8 match up between Michigan State and Kentucky LIVE at 5am. As someone who's seen both these teams play the game should be fast paced and a great display of basketball. Straight after (programmed as 7:15am) is the Wisconsin v North Carolina game. Wisconsin have suprised many getting this far while North Carolina narrowly surived elimination last round.

Replays are scheduled for 10:30pm and 1:30am.

For those interested ESPN will be showing Regional Finals for the Women's NCAA Tournament LIVE Tuesday Morning at 9:30am and 11:30am.

Wednesday Morning are the Semi's of the NIT from Madison Square Garden.

Reply #26948 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

they show miami coz of shaq, philly coz of iverson, san antonio coz of duncan, lakers - kobe, wolves - kg......they r the highest rating teams, i think they might even pick the games b4 the season.

Reply #26950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't get much better then today.

Both Elite 8 games going into overtime. Arizona losing to Illinois after being up by 15 with 4 mins left in regulation. While Pitino and his Louisville came back from 20 down also to beat West Virgina 93-85.

Reply #26959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754