quagmire
Years ago

Over-rated / under-rated

WEST

over-rated;
OK Thunder. Still no real paint players, got scoring and wing scoring/defence, but who is protecting the basket?!

They are 2nd in the west for most pre-season polls and i have no idea why....

Under-rated;
My Jazz. Boozer is already showing chicago fans what he is capable of, injuries. Al Jeff is a monster who will devour teams with D-Will spoon feeding him. Bell and Miles will be hot and AK is in a contract year...

EAST

Over-rated;
CHICAGO!!!!! i can't believe that people think this team has a hope. Rose is good, Booze will play half the time, Noah is good, they are a nice team that will not trouble any of the elite.

Under-Rated;
Celtics. They are still the best team in the NBA when fully fit. Garnett returns in better shape, they have the big bodies to spell Perkins until he is ready.

Topic #23955 | Report this topic

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Wondering if this was a joke post, or serious.

Not sure who's over-rating OKC? They've just finished 8th in the west, and were very competitive vs eventual champs LAL. They've got arguably the best player in the L and it's reasonable to think they will improve. Don't see anybody saying they're gonna be champs.

Jazz. Lol at comment of Bell/Miles gonna be hot. Won't even bother with the other stuff.

Bulls. They buzz is that they will have a shot at making the playoffs. The East ain't that strong so any team with a decent bunch of players has a shot ie Chicago.

Celtics. Probably the opposite of under-rated. Their star players apart from Rajon are getting long in the tooth and they're not getting a whole lot better. Will do well to finish top 4 East.

Reply #291215 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Yeah i strongly disagree with Quagmire on this, cant be bothered labelling why as its basically been said just above. Thunder will be big mover this season though for obvious reasons.

Reply #291216 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I see Quag's point re inside players at OKC but I still think they'll have enough dramatic improvers to move into the top 4 in the west.

Whether you consider Chi Town overrated depends on how you perceive them to be rated. I have also heard people mention them as a contender. Those people are vastly overrating them, but they are certainly a chance to make playoffs.

Completely agree with bEn on the Celtics. They are far from the best team in the league when fit and will move backwards.

Reply #291219 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

OKC arent over rated they are developing.
Chicago will be a strong team and wont be surprise if theydo something.
Celtics wont be as good as they seem to be they are a team of 'names' and not of well structered team.

Reply #291226 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

You seen Serge Ibaka play for OKC man is a beast in the paint! Guy is still raw and developing at an awesome rate.

Reply #291229 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'll show you some love Quagmire. If, as you say, most polls are rating OKC 2nd in the West this season, then they ARE over-rating them. Like everyone else, I love Durant and was really happy to see Westbrook play so well and give the Lakers grief in the 1st round last season - but 2nd? C'mon, these guys are young and have a lot to learn. No-one will be taking them lightly this season. Teams will be studying how to shut Westbrook down and they do have pretty limited bigs. (Yes I love Ibaka too, but he is RAW).

I'm expecting the Jazz to do well this season as well. As long as he stays healthy, Big Al is a nice upgrade over Boozer. Two offensive talents like D-Will and Big Al should be a pleasure to watch.

I also think that Chicago, while a good team, will struggle to make the top 4 in the East. Miami, Boston and Orlando are all ahead of them and the Bucks will be too, unless Bogut's elbow doesn't come good.

I still think Boston is a contender as long as they stay healthy. The Celtics played BETTER, more consistent basketball in the playoff just gone than they did when they won the title! Perk getting injured in game 6 made a HUGE difference to the outcome of the series. If anyone cares to go back to the 3rd quarter of game 7, you'll see KG tearing Pau a new one. The problem was, without Perk in the middle, KG and Sheed finally ran out of gas in the final quarter and the Lakers finished over the top.

If Boston and Miami are both healthy come the end of the season, I fully expect those two fighting it out for the right to take on the Lakers in the Finals.

Reply #291237 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Agree with Quagmire to some degree.

OKC aren't really rated yet. They're still 'up and coming', but I agree with your analysis, no paint player.

Jazz are underrated and might be a sleeper team, but they won't be contenders.

Chicago I also agree are overrated. I reckon Korver is a walking 12 games on their winning tally, but Boozer while solid has never clicked on my radar as a team changing player. but other than that their mix won't see them jump past too many teams in the East.

Boston underrated again. They were underrated last year, and time and time again we heard their time was over, but yeah, 4 points and a couple offensive boards away from another championship speaks for itself to me. I reckon if they had Perk in game 7 they would have won. But yeah, its about health for them, but it has been since 2008. This is their last shot but they're contenders if healthy.

Reply #292175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754