leopard
Years ago

Where's WNBL on tv?

Can't see it on ABC2 as before - have they dropped it quietly without telling anyone? or is it somewhere else? First game tonight.

Topic #23965 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Did you look on the WNBL site? Found this TV schedule pretty quickly:

http://www.wnbl.com.au/index.php?id=607

ABC 1 continues their long-running support of women's basketball as they will be televising one game from the 2010/11 WNBL season each week.

Reply #291428 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

ABC 1 Saturday 1pm......Grand final replay
Then check link for rest of season

Reply #291429 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

I don't think you will see any Lightning home games due to the lack of facilities (lighting etc) at the venues at which the Lightning are playing. Not sure about away games.

Reply #291431 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

I believe that it was mentioned in an earlier thread that only a few Lightning away games would be televised

Reply #291437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are the lightning playing at wayville? if so i dont see what the issue is as I think they broadcast quite a few games there when the lightning last called wayville home a few years ago, although I'm not entirely sure about that.

Reply #291444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABC refuse to broadcast from Wayville as it is not set up for camera locations.

Pasadena and Starplex are even worse.

ABC would only broadcast WNBL games out of the Dome. I'd assume the cost of hire considering the 500ish that the Lightning would be hoping to get to a game doesn't make much financial sense.

Reply #291458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABC 2 stopped showing weekly live games on Friday nights awhile ago.

Reply #291482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754