New to Roto
Years ago

How is my NBA Fantasy team?

I had my auction this avo and ended up with the players below. It is a standard ESPN ten team, 8 category roto league. I've never played roto beofre so i've no odea how I'll go. Any thoughts on where I might need help or how I went?

D Rose
J Johnson
C Anthony
G Wallace
C Bosh
A Iguodala
K Garnett
J Holiday
E Gordon
R Felton
D Cousins
Y Ming
T Williams

Topic #23967 | Report this topic

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Who was your first pick?? and and what number coz i cant see a first rounder there.
Put them in order as easier to tell how you went
Your lacking a true centre though at first look.

Reply #291491 | Report this post

--  
Years ago

no true centre ? damn Yao Ming at 7'6 is the biggest 'power-forward' i've ever seen

Reply #291493 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

im talking starter, someone you can nearly guarentee to play 60 plus games. Ming has had 2 seasons on the pine with a sore foot. You cant count him really as he is a massive gamble as only playing 20 minutes per game and definately no more no matter what for the entire season.

Reply #291495 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Bosh used to double as a f/c in some leagues. If so, you're laughing. Combo players are sensational in roto leagues.

Reply #291499 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Have to agree... Who was your first pick and what number. You'll do okay in most cats, but your centre rotation is going to be weak.

Reply #291516 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Looks like he might have had pick 10 as they look like bunch picks on the turn. If so, not bad on the surface as although as pointed out, no clear top 10, Carmello in 8 cat roto is around top 12, so for mine, you have 4 guys that are top 30.

As also mentioned, you are weak in numerous areas.
You are light in a dominant assist guy, but may cover it by committee. WIthout looking at %, you are going to finish bottom 2 in Blocks.

Reply #291527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given it was an auction I'm guessing you stayed away from overpriced first rounders and did well getting guys like Melo, Iggy, Crash, Bosh and Rose fairly cheap?

No centre shouldn't be a problem as Bosh and DMC are both C's in ESPN. It would be lack of 3's and % that I would be worried about. But you could win 4 categories there quite easily. I think you spent well.

Reply #291577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754