Isaac
Years ago

Woosnam cleared to play against Lightning

Basketball Australia has confirmed that veteran player Samantha Woosnam has been granted clearance to play in season 2010/11 in the Women's National Basketball League for the Dandenong Jayco Rangers, with the season tipping off tonight.

It was uncertain whether Woosnam would be able to play in the season-opening game, as the process of obtaining clearance from her previous club the Adelaide Link Lightning had yet to be completed.

However, the sport’s governing body can confirm that all necessary procedures were fulfilled this afternoon, allowing Woosnam to sign and register with new club the Dandenong Jayco Rangers ahead of their Round one clash tonight with Adelaide.
The game tips off tonight at 7.30pm AEDT from Wayville Sports Centre in Adelaide.

Topic #23968 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the best Sam go and kick some butt..............

Reply #291485 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

The whole situation seems weird to me...........

Reply #291496 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

so why did she leave?

Reply #291504 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep seems sus. You dont lose your desire and then next week find it again at another team.

Reply #291512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

josh of course u can

have u never lost your desire to work then found a new job, new people, new environment, boss that appreciates your work and in days had your whole outlook on life changed?

Reply #291515 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I guess. I just think in this instance it looks very weird.

Reply #291532 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I think it is quite transparent, Sam still desires to play WNBL just not with the current Adelaide Lightining program.

Reply #291539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754