E
Years ago

First 6 Rounds NBL Schedule, what a JOKE!

Just as i thought, The first 6 rounds of NBL on ONE HD is DOMINATED by Melbourne Tigers games.

Lets hope things even up over the whole season.

First 6 Rounds on ONE -

Melbourne - 7 Games
Perth - 5 Games
Wollongong - 5 Games
NZ - 4 Games
Adelaide - 3 Games
Goldcoast - 2 Games
Townsville - 2 Games
Cairns - 1 Game
Sydney - 1 Game

What A JOKE!

Topic #23974 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

the surprise there is sydney with only one game!!

and maybe gongers with 5, seems alot !!

other than those two,it all looks about right.

kinda looks like it is one hd's prediction on the end of season ladder.

Reply #291541 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

I dont care at all about this sort of stuff, i think at THIS POINT we need to, as basketball fans, be very happy that any basketball is on free to air, as the game becomes more popular, One HD wont have a choice but to show every game. After all the coverage of a 40min game isnt a huge chunk out of their 24hour schedule.

Reply #291542 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

E, it is on TV for the first time in over a decade. I couldn't care less which games they actually show.

Here's and idea: Why don't you come up with an alternative roster of games that the could have shown that fall within the broadcast timeslots and that would give absolute parity to every team and therefore deliberately ignoring OneHD's largest market audiences?

Do you go on AFL websites and complain that Collingwood gets more Friday night games at the 'G than Fremantle?

Reply #291543 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

E, instead of just counting, how about some analysis? For example, one of the melbourne games is a NZ home game - and all NZ home games are being shown so no surprise in that there was not a" decision" to be made to show these two team versus any other two teams.

I'll help you get started, One HD are only broadcasting Friday and Sunday. Sydney, who at the other ende of the scale play only once during the first six rounds on a friday or Sunday and they are on TV in that game. Sydney then do not play r2, and are play Saturday's in Rd 1, rd3, rd4 and rd5 - and then do not play r6. So Sydney can only possibly be on tv once in this six game period.

Reply #291545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought the schedule was released last week

Reply #291546 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Maybe Ten could launch a new website called "The Tigers Index" ;)

Reply #291549 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

Geez some of you lot are picky. How about just being happy that they are showing heaps of games this season.

Reply #291556 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

I just think each club should be given at least similar exposure on TV, surely if u have more games on TV it gives you an advantage to help build your supporter base.

Does this help promote all NBL teams equally?

Do the Tigers get a greater financial benefit from this than say Cairns or Sydney?

Be interesting to see how the rest of the seasons scedule on ONE HD pans out.

Dont get me wrong, any free to air exposure is better than none but could it be done better to promote the game in all states?

For the record I thought Fox & Maori TV did a great job last season :)

Reply #291558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The full season schedule got released a week or two ago. I think the 36ers have around 14 games on TV. There was a lot of noodle scratching on Oz Hoops about the Crocs only getting four TV games for the whole season (excluding playoffs obviously and just to note like Fox in the past, One will be showing every playoff game).

Reply #291571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here is the full NBL season schedule with all the TV games but I understand the NBL have now taken it down and put out this "first six rounds" thing. Probably going to amend it due to the backlash from Crocs fans.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/nbl-2010-11-onehd-broadcast-schedule

Reply #291574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS, all you guys were complsining about 12 months ago was lack of FTA and now you're complaining about who gets the most games. Seriously?

Reply #291575 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like that this time it is "Too many Tigers games" and last topic it was "Too many Kings games".

Reply #291587 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I think there is a lot of blame put on channel ten here for no valid reason. The NBL had to change the usual saturday night games to fridays and sundays because thats what suited One HD as they had their own commitments. So to me it would have sounded like the meeting would have been along the lines of One HD saying we will broadcast games on these nights/days, so then it would have been the NBL's responsibility to put the schedule together of who is versing who and when. Im pretty certain channel ten is only broadcasting due to the days as mentioned by someone else. If your all tearytown over it complain about the NBL more so. Personally i think some people need to just suck it up and be happy with what you get.

Reply #291591 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am happy just to get it on FTA!

Reply #291598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are there ANY games on fox?

Reply #291611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope. Five year deal too.

Reply #291612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There can never be "too many 36ers games"

Reply #291615 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

The bulk of teams hate Sunday home games crowd wise ,so you can't have both crowds and be on TV..

Reply #291729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754