Anonymous
Years ago

36ers starting five against Perth

Who are we going to start this weekend???

my tip is

Winder
Devries
Hill/holmes
Balls
DJ

Topic #24005 | Report this topic

justin  
Years ago

That's the five I am hoping for, please start DJ.

Reply #292003 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would like to see Marty surprise us with Winder, DeVries, Hill, Ballinger, Johnson but I think we'll see Holmes and Ballinger as the bigs.

Reply #292004 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Carter Winder DeVries Ballinger Johnson

Reply #292008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee i hope not!!!!!!

Reply #292009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee I hope not Isacc.

Dont mind Camel 1 suggestion

Reply #292010 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I also like the following lineup of:

Winder, DeVries, Hill, Ballinger, Johnson

Johnson has impressed me when given a decent opportunity, both at the Tigers and in his limited time at the 6ers.

I think the lineup is far more balanced and allows Ballinger to play to his strengths.

Reply #292014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is no good, but he will get minutes for the 6ers purely because they are so small. You are almost forced to start him, if you want to be a fighting chance, and not playing catch up all game.

Reply #292023 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Mee, Maher, Brooks, Ballinger, Schenscher

Reply #292028 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

Daly, Winder, Devries, Ballinger, Johnson

Reply #292030 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Cats will dominate anyways

Reply #292032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont care we are going to suck this year soooo many balls!!!

Reply #292033 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Seems the 36ers are adopting a youth policy by some of the pick ups this season to try and have a run at the title in future years.

This being the case DJ needs to start. Hill needs to start because of our youth policy to see if he can step it up this year. Why waste another year in the bomb shelter sitting these kids on the pine?

When Mitch gets over his injury we need to give him some decent minutes.

If we had picked up a true centre e.g. Scenscher, Helliwell, Nevill, Marks etc and had Dj of the pine I believe we could ahve been a legit challenger this season.

Reply #292037 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Don't mind Balls starting against Knight. I actually wouldn't mind us being a bit unpredictable by adjusting the starters depending on the opposition. Pretty sure Marty will go with Holmes. Hopefully DJ gets his 20+ minutes and doesn't get smashed by Knight...

Reply #292039 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I like Camel's suggestion too, though based on pre-season, DJ seems unlikely to start. I'm sure Marty has some good reasons why DJ isn't starting so far, but we are going to have a tough time of it if Balls is trying to stop Matt Knight creating havoc on the glass!

Carter has looked really solid from what I've seen of him in the preseason and I think that extra assured ballhandler will be really critical against Perth's defensive pressure. So I'd start him against Cats, but I'd also like to see Hill start against some opponents if he earns it in practice.

Reply #292042 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Im not looking forward to when the 36ers play the Tigers.
36ers backcourt is better than Tigers IMO, but with Helliwell, Nevill, Tragardh and Burston up front the Tigers will murder us in the paint and the rebounding count will be lopsided.
There should however be involved in some exciting games as their opposition will try to push the basketball and get out in transition. Any team going up against them will hopefully play like the Suns, exciting!

Reply #292059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damian Martin - Craig Winder
Kevin Lisch - Troy De Vries
Stephen Weigh - Brad Hill
Shawn Redhage - Adam Ballinger
Matthew Knight - Daniel Johnson

That's the line-up I would go with however Ballinger might match-up on Knight better than the versatile Redhage

Reply #292083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, now that you've posted the match-ups, I guess Holmes and Ballinger are probably the best options. Holmes on Redhage is our best option. Would've been good to have Herbert to cover Weigh. Winder might get the job on Lisch with DeVries covering Martin instead?

Reply #292087 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im with Camel.

I'd love to see
Carter
Winder
DeVries
Ballinger
Johnson

Reply #292093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with camel.

I could live with 2 humps a day for the rest of my life.

Reply #292116 | Report this post

DJfromPerth  
Years ago

Great call Jacob :)
GO THE CATS!

Reply #292142 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds like (from the Ballinger interview on 5aa just then) that Carter will be the back up PG to Winder, from what Ballinger was saying as they had a bit of a run thru the team. Didn't mention whether he's playing Centre.
Would rather play Perth than anyone, this game, he said.
Clarke - didn't come in and say here's the new plays.
Started with each player individually, dribbling, passing, in the gym, boxing and the like. Then went on to the team plays.
Been full on for 3 months - all ready to play now.

Reply #292159 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754