anon
Years ago

Ideal Club Size

Focusing on Under 10 to Under 18 would 30 teams
3 teams per age group be seen to be ideal club size.
How many clubs have more than 30 - does bigger mean better ?
would capping clubs to 3 teams per age group build a stronger base or does strenrrthg come from pure volume. No got time to do a taly of teams per club maybe somebody with time might be able to do it as means of comparsion perhaps measure against club championship standings.

Topic #24006 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ideal size is around 25 teams, 3 in age group and junior domestic assocation of around 850

Reply #292049 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

There's a page on sporting pulse "team fixtures" which shows you the number of total teams per club (includes youth league and seniors)

Reply #292053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I take it we are talking domestic here?
Yes I think 3 sounds like a good number.
1 and even 2 are definitely not enough.
Is 4 better than 3? - not sure - too many and you can start to lose control - but I don't think you should be restricted from having more if you are good enough to recruit that many and then retain them - and no rules that restrict players from changing clubs.
I have found that to keep everyone happy, you need to informally grade teams so you keep similar abilities grouped together, and then ideally in grades with similar teams.
And while friends may want to play together tis year, as some progress more than others, andsome become more focussed, you have to have enough teams so players can move between the teams, rather than feeling they have to leave the club.

Reply #292055 | Report this post

I think clubs should be restricted to 4 teams per age group. That allows you to have bottom age players for the following year's team's. Restrict the competion to 4 divisions and only allow one team per club per division. Some clubs have 6 or 7 teams in an age group which makes it difficult to find coaches and training venues as well as try and develope the players skills when you have Div. 1 players training with Div. 5 players. The skill levels are too far apart.
There should then be a zoned competion for players that don't make these teams. Maybe a North and South zone, the clubs could enter as many teams as they could fill and have these games on Thursday nights for under 18 & 16's and on Saturdays for under 14 & 12's. That leaves Friday nights for the Div. 1 to 4 competions to play.

Reply #292101 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It all depends on what you are trying to hit.....

I prefer a 9 iron though.

Reply #292105 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

I would have to say i agree with Jesus on this one.

Reply #292108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754