Mystro
Years ago

Kings Vs Breakers

New Zealand have started the season with a win over the Sydney Kings 83-70.
Khazzouh had a solid game with 16points a massive 6 blocked shots and 6 boards and Taj Mccullough had 17points and 5 rebounds. Grizzard was the only other player from Sydney to score in double figures with a 10 point contribution where the Breakers shared the scoring around, Kevin Braswell had 16 (was 6/14 tho and 1/6 from 3point) and then Pledger had 14, Abercrombie 13 and Wilkinson and Bruton both had 10 a piece.
NZ hit 5 3pointers compared to Sydney only connecting on 3.

Nice start to the season and good to get a win without Penney and not have to rely on CJ carrying the scoring load.

Topic #24034 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Khazzouh is a beast.

Townsville just beat Cairns in the other game. Anyone know why Ben Allen didn't play?

Reply #292419 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

8500 there for it too. Shame they couldnt have gotten up in front of the home crowd.

Reply #292420 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Taj has put 2 games together now, not bad considering he is under a bit of pressure. Can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Reply #292421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Ben Allan isnt very good.

Reply #292424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?

Reply #292425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?

Reply #292426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, trying to post a logo and it didn't work.

Reply #292427 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Breakers line up looks good.
Added responsibility on Abercrombie will add to his game.
CJ yet to get going but that will come. Vukona, Boucher will terrorise teams on the offensive glass and Wilkinson looks an able replacement for Rickert/Ronaldson.
My only reservation is they don't get to the line enough to pick up freebies.
So probably means we are still perimeter focused and need to get into paint a little more.

Reply #292433 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Another thought. Without Oscar, Ronaldson and Rickert this is the most mobile lineup we have ever fielded.
This means we will be much better defensively.
Pledger will get a crack this season to show what he's got.
I like the look of the Kings outfit. They will trouble a lot of teams.

Reply #292435 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Agree Bill on the Breakers D improving, no real weak links defensively in the main core group. Vukona and Abercrombie are both able to play solid D on good offensive players for decent stretches and Cory Webster would be the worst of the bunch but its not like he's gonna see massive minutes. I really want to see Pledger play good minutes this season, not very often NZ basketball gets blessed with someone of his size and mobility, needs to get minutes to improve and by the looks of last nights game he is more than up to it. Mind you I guess he has had a few injuries ect and thats prob the only reason he hasn't appeared more in the past.
Im expecting Henare will play well in his final season as he has slowly been improving, he'll want to finish on a high.
Sydney are only going to get better every game but would be a completely different team if Kazzouh got injured but you could say that about most other teams except maybe Perth.

Reply #292438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else find it a little curious that the kings would have their much anticipated home opener on the second night of the back to back? wouldn't this logically be the first thing to avoid?

Reply #292557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think worse is the month wait before the next Kings home game. Way to stall any momentum.

Reply #292747 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I imagine playing Friday night in Melbourne, flying back Saturday - flight delayed a coupla hours due bad weather in Sydney takes a little bit of spark out.

Reply #292753 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Travel is part and parcel of this comp and Perth and NZ have a lot further to travel than Sydney on a regular basis

Reply #292811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754