Anonymous
Years ago

Response to Wall-E post in Sixers- Perth thread

Wall-E made the following statement.
"The coach is up and about, giving tips unlike Ninnis who sat down and pondered why the club only gave him 100k."
Are you sure that you are not getting confused with Smyth's laid back style.
And I am sure that Ninnis would have loved to have received 100K, rather than a lot less than that.
Again confused with Smyth??
Where do you get your info?

Topic #24050 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Could this have not been posted in the actual thread itself?

Reply #292550 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Im not sure if this is something that needs to be discussed at all on a forum, no need to drag any former coaches names through internet mud. Having said that, i did hear a few fans around me say that there wouldve been no way, Ninnis couldve got a perfromance out of those players like Clarke was able too. Nothing to do what what money anyone is on, but Clarke seems to have mastered the art of player motivation.

Reply #292551 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

Anon, this topic came up through the people who sit 2 rows in front of us. We regularly chat about basketball as a whole and because they are very good friends with the whole family of Ninnis, they made that comment to us at arvo tea.
Smythe did the sit around job also but Ninnis from what we noticed sat with his hands on his knees fairly often. If you look at the first half of yesterdays match, whenever we looked like the game turned, the group took timeout. Sadly Ninnis didnt do that. He waited til we had gone from 7 up to 7 down (melbourne game at SNAHC)and as an example. Mind you in all fairness to Ninnis, he got paid peanuts and was expected to perform miracles.

On terms of money, we know this ISNT speculation on what he earnt. While I agree its not right to go through what the club offered, I have a feeling this was taken out of context from what I was saying.

Hopeful, considering everything else is dragged through the mud (hence why this forum has a bad rep) I dont see why Ninnis cant be when you look at Mal the previous owner. He copped a battering but that is fair enough. He wanted brilliance from quite literally under paid players.

Clarke has drive and purpose from what we all saw from the Perth game, the question is, will it continue?

Skip, it probably could have been posted in the thread but I dont live on the net bud. No offense.

Reply #292562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, where are you getting your "facts" about who is or was getting paid what.I was going to ask if you are the club accountant, but I'm sure that if you were you wouldn't make such a stupid inaccurate comment.

Reply #292621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either way Ninnis should never have gotten the job.

Reply #292731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Clarke hadn't rejected the sixers offer 3 years ago, Ninnis never would have been a 36ers coach

Reply #292736 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

I guess at the time, and under Mal, Ninnis was the best available at Mal's price.

Reply #292779 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From what I have heard, the players were paid a very good rate under Mal. I dont know about the coach though.

Reply #292783 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

Paul, just we never saw anything good come from it. But times change as does the coach. I think we got a good one this time. For every bad egg, comes a good egg

Reply #293149 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agreed.

Reply #293160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754