Da Breez
Years ago

To you non believers Sixer fans

To all you Sixers fans who do not believe, last nights game was ONE of the best performance i have seen from a Sixers team in ages.

Put your hand (either hand depending if you are watching Winders dunk & reading this if you get my drift.....) up if you tipped the Sixers to beat Perth (pussy cats).......................I did cause i believe

Topic #24069 | Report this topic

Real Fan  
Years ago

Early days yet but..................

1) We fought through the 3rd quater come back
2) We benched key players in the final minutes when they shot too much
3) We had the depth to cover players in foul trouble
4) We played defence
5) We out rebounded Perth
6) We won with a lower shooting % on both FG and 3's
7) More blocks than Perth
8) More assists
9) More steals
10) Less turn overs

I believe, always have

And for the proof, everyone on this site has complained about the MC, but not the players or coaches. Thats a step in the right direction

Reply #292707 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Good point Real fan. i too was impressed how well we did even though we didnt have Winder for virtually the first half with his foul trouble. Alot of positives and negatives to take back from this game.

Unfortunately for me i tipped Perth to win on the Hoops Tipping comp. i knew i should have stuck to my heart, easy to say in hindsight though.

Reply #292709 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

And not to forget down Herby and no Mitch Creek yet.
Mitch will add to the "in the face defence" we started to see yesterday, that boy is an athlete

Reply #292716 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Everyone keeps going on about this Mitch Creek kid, i personally had no idea who the hell he was until people were talking about him on here. Can someone answer me this question, is he worth getting my hopes up for? People are making him sound like the next best thing in basketball. and to be honest i really hope he is but whats the deal? how can he be this super awesome but only be 18? how does anyone know how well he will fit in the NBL

Reply #292719 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

SRT
Not the saviour for this season, but IMO the best local talent in the country.
I think he will play minutes this season and will make a difference.
It is the next 1 or 2 seasons that excites everyone

Reply #292722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there any post conference?

Reply #292723 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

I hope it continues but i wonder with a few losses, how quickly you will turn on Clark and Co.

Reply #292744 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

^^ Agreed.

It was a great win and last season would have let that one slip.

I hope will can continue however once Balls and Holmes start to get tired from playing at that intensity every week we will break down as we don't have the same depth as the stronger teams to maintain it for the season.

IMO the 36ers are planning for a run in 3-4 years time

Reply #292745 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems ABC TV news tonight had a bit of a post conference with Clarke.

All I can do is go to pre-season training and make elliptical references to what I see.
But you don't really know until the first game.

Reply #292749 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

jake no way the run is set up for that far away! Id be surprised if they dont use this season as a solid foundation, resign Winder, and make a genuine run at it all next season.

Reply #292751 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

SRT070 I would suggest Mitch Creek plays in a similar mould to Tom Abercrombie from the Breakers but with possibly a more consistant shot from range and with more hustle on defense.

I'm not suggesting we'll see the same output from Creek that Abercrombie is producing at the moment but go back two seasons and I think that is about the mark we can expect from Creek.

Reply #292754 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Like Big Ads mentions I don't believe we can expect much from Creek in the first 1-2 yrs. DJ is only getting limited court time 11 mins on the weekend so it may take him a season or to until he hits his straps as a starting centre. We have Harris in the wings for next season and Dowdell needs more NBL playing time with Hill just a work in progress. As good as Holmes and Balls were on the weekend they don't have the support at this point.

If the current group remains together IMO it would not be until year 3 that we would be legit challengers. Our list is like the Melbourne Demons - young and talented with a few experienced players and will push for a finals berth but still needing a few years to be a legit contender for the premiership.

Reply #292760 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Every year you plan on upgrading your roster, and this team is realistically 1 or 2 key roster changes away from making genuine noise. With the right recruiting next offseason and keeping Winder, if they can afford to id be furious if the 6ers werent in the mix 2011/12.

Reply #292763 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

Im with Da Breez here, seriously its the first round and people are writing us off because of how we look on PAPER. Look at how many players have turned it on when they are coached differently. Theres NO telling how we will go this season, and Adelaide has won with smyth and a much worse lineup than this. How a player played last year is NO reflection to how they COULD play this year. Look at Herbert last year compared to previous seasons.

The best thing about Sundays game was how horribly we shot, yet still won. If we can play at that level where 90% of the team contributes without Balls or Winder having to carry the team Im pretty damn excited about the team to be honest. I dont care how we look on paper, to many teams have proven over the years a star lineup doesnt always win a GF

Reply #292771 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Big Ads, Creek really isn't a good shooter to be honest. Doesn't have too much range.
However, its something he is working on everyday at the AIS so no reason why he can't become a solid shooter. Im excited for this kid, unbelievable athleticism, there may be problems surrounding what position. I was thinking the 3 spot, even though he played the 4 spot for the Emus. He is too small to play the 4 spot me thinks.

Reply #292773 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

I guess what we saw last night, could be the things to come. Im excited and so were the people around me.
Regardless of whats to come, after seeing that opening first half, with defense, offense and a real burst of energy, im there and watching

Reply #292777 | Report this post

hoops  
Years ago

Not one mention of how good Devries was on sunday, 20, 8 & 5, Good night!!!

Reply #292798 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Reminds me a little of Maher.
But I'd mentioned that before.

Reply #292800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we could be this years wollongong, we have a very similar style to perth and i think we have a taller team average then them aswell so height shouldnt be an issue. i think if we keep playing like this we could be top 4! go 6ers you can do it!

Reply #292813 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

.. agreed re Devries. if he proves consistent he will have a huge impact on the season.

Reply #292825 | Report this post

Da Breez  
Years ago

I think that we won the game because it was more of a team effort, & with Mitch Creek i could be wrong & please correct me but i personally dont think Mitch will play full games.
I get the impression that the supporters seem to think he will be in the starting line up etc (or play alot of minutes0 & be our saviour.

Reply #292827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doubt anyone thinks he'll be a saviour now, just that he's a good prospect for the future of the 36ers. Hopefully he can get some minutes this year and potentially graduate to a starting spot down the track depending on how quickly he has an impact.

Reply #292828 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

It was refreshing to see them crash the boards so hard against the Wildcats but I'm not sold that a team this short can be legit. We'll see, but I want to see them against some taller teams first. The Wildcats are fairly short too.

Reply #292916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754