Big Ads
Years ago

Were digital displays along sideline new?

When the sixer players were being introduced at the start of the game their images were being shown on the digital displays situated along the northern side line (those sitting in the northern stand may not have known this).

I do not recall seeing these digital displays in previous seasons nor the players's images during the introductions. Was that new?

To build the pre-game hype perhaps these displays could be used to show sixer highlights just before they are introduced (i.e. Winder's Alley & Block, Carter's steal, push between Lisch's legs and jam, Ballinger's block, DeVries no look's etc)

Topic #24074 | Report this topic

NBA agent  
Years ago

Big Ads i think you are onto something I would love to see this definitely would pump up and for once be a good entrence piece

Reply #292766 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Thought they looked fantastic during the player intros.

Reply #292774 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They're new this season. I sit on the North side so couldn't see them during the intros or game, but they looked good on TV. Big improvement over the scrolling signage.

Reply #292786 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Sixers court looked very good on TV and very professional especially compared to the Melbourne Tigers court which looked like a high school gym and it was hard to pick up the players against the dark court.

Reply #292789 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The digital board was awesome.

Now that one game has been played, let's use the alley-hoop for Winder and other highlights.

It'll definitely excite the crowd.

I love this new addition.

Reply #292805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there any reason why the scoreboard below the stats bench only shows the time and not the score? It would be much better if it displayed the score as well as the clock.

Reply #292832 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I think they should upgrade the over court scoreboard and the scoreboard over the entrance! It is very outdated, I think some video screens on the centre scoreboard down the track would improve the dome showing replays for everyone and so on!

Reply #292923 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

I'm with you, BALLER#3 - very frustrating when the players individual scores and fouls aren't updated, and even more so when the cube and the western scoreboard are telling us different stories as they were during the last quarter on Sunday!

Reply #293085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754