dingo
Years ago

Blaze might add import mid-season

Wright has already stated they will look at an import mid year. Who will it be? i think they will go with a bench guy who can play at centre.

To do this who will they release? vasiljevic, garlepp?

current roster looking like:

petrie vasiljevic
wortho garlepp
maye hoare
harvey goulding
gibson gleeson

Topic #24080 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

went from a really strong roster to a really weak one.

wildcats will look for mid year import to, as i think we still have 8 or 9 points

Reply #292874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reports Vasiljevic is out for the year. Torn his achilles at training yesterday.

So there's a spot open

Feel for the guy

Reply #292875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For anyone interested, the Blaze are at 61 points so could replace any player in the ten with an import if needed.

Reply #292882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring in young for the Cats mid season we missed him on Sunday there is no way holmes would have had all those rebounds with young on the glass he is a animal when you need him

Reply #292883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

import may be on the way earlier than expected then. yeah galen young would be a nice option or rolan roberts.

Reply #292887 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pero Vasiljevic - Plantar fascia tear – out until approximately January

Reply #292889 | Report this post

joycefan  
Years ago

if we dont cut him, i will be angry.

Reply #292894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow all the experts here lets bring back all the imports that we all ready know who have been cut

Reply #292901 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Not sure how many points cats are on but young would be about 9 and we be a great fit - especially seeing how the cats didn't seem to have the same presence they did last year ie. Schencher and young missing

Reply #292917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth are on 61 points so also could drop anyone for an import as long as the YAP rule was fulfilled. If their YAP gets injured, then I think they could replace him with an import.

They are not a big team so I wonder if an injury doesn't arise, they would not drop Trueman but instead Tovey might conveniently depart for personal reasons and concentrate on his finance job?

Reply #292927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would drop Drew Williamson if anyone only gets 10 min a game we allready have enough 3 point shooters would find more value in a 10 point import

Reply #292937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Jawai is rumored to be back in Australia.... Rumor is he wants to return for family reason... Gold coast can use him at center. He is in shape to from what I hear.

Reply #292942 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kid, I've told you over and over, please go away and stop making shit up. Jawai has only just signed in Serbia within the last month or two. You make up the same story every few months about Jawai signing with the Kings, Blaze and whoever else. It's boring.

Reply #292954 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Man, unlucky for Pero.

Reply #292979 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Could we see Ebi Ere return due to Joey being the coach?

A long hopeful shot.

Reply #292993 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Blaze will be in no rush at all. Pero was only ever going to be playing minimal time anyway so we will live witout him for a while. The longer we leave it into the season the less we will have to pay for an import so I guess it will be a balance on getting bang for your buck v time to fit into the team structure.

Also there is a big bloke sitting on the bench at the moment who is looking pretty fit and could slot into the team in Pero V's spot to fill a gap for a while....would only have to change the surname on the team roster too :)

Reply #292997 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ere making big bucks in Italy and playing very well.

Reply #293002 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Statman, I thought you were referring to Pero Cameron then..

Until I read

Also there is a big bloke sitting on the bench at the moment who is looking pretty fit

Reply #293009 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ha - touche, he actually is looking in pretty good nick at the moment. He did play in the recent world champs so I guess he should be at least capable of filling in for 5 - 10 minutes if required.

Reply #293011 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

: )

fair call.

Reply #293016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754