SRT070
Years ago

Tonight: Hawks Vs Crocs

So the Hawks are facing off against the crocs tonight in wollongong. what are peoples thoughts on how this will pan out? Townsville are looking good but playing in Wollongong is no walk in the park.

My prediction is Hawks by 5

Topic #24110 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

Im going to have to agree SRT070, Hawks by 8

Reply #293373 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I hope it comes true. i had a shocking tips week last round so im hoping to redeem myself this time around. i got NZ right (i was sweating in the third though) lets hope hawks can do it. The only tip that im worried about is townsville vs blaze on the goldie, not sure if townsville will lose both but then again perth just have.

Reply #293375 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Crocs by 3...

Reply #293379 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Crocs by 10.5+ hopefully!!!

Reply #293380 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Damn i hate this! still got time to change my tip but i feel like this one is on the fence at the moment.

Reply #293381 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I'm leaning towards the Crocs in this game.

As good as Wollongong are at home, I think the loss of Tragardh is going to hurt the Hawks more then people realise. With the Size the Crocs have, and the ability to use Schenshcer, Hinder and Allen around the ring I think the Hawks will struggle to contain the offense that the Crocs bigs provide.
In saying that, the Hawks are by no means short of firepower, with Ervin absolutely tearing up the Blaze last game, the veteran savvy of Saville and Campbell, The 3pt shooting of Forman and the ability of coach Gordie McLeod to get the best out of players like Demos, Jackson and Coenraad.

I think the game will be close for the most part, but the inside presence of the Crocs along with their ability to get hot and hit the 3 will lead them to a win.

Crocs by 7 for me.

Reply #293389 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Clarky your analysis is making me rethink my tip.

Reply #293391 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

crocs by 12

Reply #293392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Allen playing? He didn't play the first game but I haven't heard about injuries.

Reply #293393 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

sticking to my guns..Go the Hawks!

Reply #293407 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Crocs by 7, after having a bigger lead for majority of game....some reason i see hawks playing catchup most of the night.

Reply #293409 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Game Time!

on a side note, Daryl Corletto's buzzer beater from half court made the Sports Tonight 'Plays of the Week' but no appearance from Winder for the block or the jam on Robbins...

Reply #293412 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Looks like Dave Gruber is done for the game before it even started.

Pretty sure I heard Gaze and the sideline guy (dunno his name) say that he twisted his ankle during warm ups... Sounds like he won't be appearing in tonight's game

Reply #293416 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

This is getting ridiculous. WTF do these refs have against Freeman???

Dream Team sabotage!

Reply #293420 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Awesome game, some great import guards this season

Reply #293422 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

ONE needs to give us some stats during the games. Not that hard to get a ribbon down the bottom for stats updates.

Reply #293424 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

xztatik - I wouldn't even mind a stats ticker across the bottom all game showing leading scorers, rebounds, assists for each team.

Apart from a lack of stats during the games, the telecasts haven't been too bad so far

Reply #293426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish it was back on foxtel - barely any player stats and no mention of leading scoters etc. Going to adverts during timeouts is annoying as well.

Reply #293427 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

What a finish! That was the one foul on Freeman that was actually a foul and it cost them the game. I'd like a replay of the possession before that though. That was very close to a foul too.

Yeah everyone's happy for the NBL to have this exposure but statistics, adverts and replays have been underwhelming so far. Early days.

Reply #293428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I wish it was back on foxtel"

Anon, You are you nuts!! You pick on a couple of minor points in what has been really exciting start to the season with great FTA coverage.

Reply #293430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why am I nuts? I'd prefer better coverage which provides stats and doesn't go to adverts during timeouts - that happened with Foxtel. Obviously you enjoy adverts and don't care to look at game/player stats.

Reply #293435 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i think the point is we are happy to see the game in general. Foxtel was crap because what good is player stats when you dont even have fox sports you monkey

Reply #293438 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

great come back win by the Hawks
I must admit im now glad that Clarke got Johnson instead of Ben Allen, Johnson is younger and seems to do more.

Dowdell has even had a better start to the season and they are both about the same age.

I hope the 36ers have a way of keeping infront of Ervin he is QUICK!!

Reply #293439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would prefer to pay for something which is better than get something which isn't as good for free.

Reply #293440 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

There is a reason Woll hardly ever lose at home!

Reply #293441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel is a rip off. Personally I'd prefer to pay nothing for 2-3 games a week and a slightly inferior broadcast with ads splashed all around the place than min $15 a week for one maybe two games that still featured ads during the quarter time breaks.

Reply #293442 | Report this post

If stats are the issue just do what I do. I put live stats on my laptop and check them out any time I want to as I watch the game. This is a great way to spend time when the add breaks are on.

Reply #293451 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

One must have loved the finish to that game.

Anyone flicking surely must have got into that

Reply #293454 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

snakepi, I do the same thing.

Reply #293458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon your just trying to sound like your the man. i have austar/foxtel and one HD is doing a very nice job.. and to the other anon i assume Allen isnt playing because he looks out of his depth

Reply #293467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't get why someone who already has foxtel is happy to sit through adverts and not get the same level of stats. I'm happy with the commentary but I would prefer it to be shown on Foxtel.

Reply #293471 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol anon. If foxtel had the rights still the game wouldnt have even been broadcast. They were pathetic in general. I too like paying for something thats good. But there is a difference between a good deal and getting blindly robbed by foxtel

Reply #293480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtels coverage was not flash, i originally bought fox for the 6ers games. Every year there seemed to be less and less games on fox. Im happy with the current setup, and as the games keep getting free exposure, and have close finishes like last night the people will want more, and eventually i believe 90% of the games will be televised (in next few years).

Now on lastnights game, no matter how good the game and drama was, i think the NBL took a step backwards in its decision at the end to award Ervin free throws. The foul was there, the foul was clearly before the siren BUT the RULES state that if the refs are not sure of the foul occuring before the siren or not, they CAN NOT go to the replay screen. It looks unprofessional to break such a major rule like this. I dont care if it came down to being a bad call one way or the other to award the Free throws, but they had to award them based on their opinions, not a replay screen! NBL needs to sort these teething issues out now, so its all good for the secong half of the season and into the playoffs.

Reply #293481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And one more note, NBL officials shouldve been available to inform the refs they had to make the call, and not allow them to use the replay screen. Not all stadiums apparently have the ability to use the replay screens, hence its not to be used at any point. This is what i have been led to believe anyways. Does anyone have further info on this ruling??

Reply #293483 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

seems like a stupid arse rule if you ask me. If the technology is there use it. Otherwise everyone would be whining that they should have checked the video replay because they got it wrong. Yes i am aware not all places have it hence why its not allowed in the nbl but common! Make the few stadiums that dont have the access to get it. Or if the stadium hasnt got it then so be it base it on judgement. But if they have it use it. Common sense prevailed last night and i think the refs did a good job to use the technology.

Reply #293487 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Agreed^^

If the stadium has it, use it. They didn't even get it right last night, the ONE HD clock showed over a second left at the whistle.

Reply #293502 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Picture of Dave Gruber's ankle after he rolled it in warm-ups last Friday - ugly stuff!

Reply #293765 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

OUCH!

Me thinks he aint gonna be on the flight to Adelaide this weekend.

Reply #293769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754