hurley
Years ago

Complaint about delayed One HD broadcast

YEah.. loving onehds coverage.. didnt know NBL had expanded into racecars,,,

Topic #24127 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

I know, bloody annoying, are they going to play it when the race finishes? i hope so!

Reply #293630 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

Do you expect them to cut the race in half to show the game...what if it was the other way around and they cut the NBL over time off for the next show.

Its on after the race stop whinging

Reply #293633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke - this never happened on Foxtel. I'm sure they won't cut out the adverts to catch up.

Reply #293634 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

LOL thanks for this post.

I went out this week and bought a Hard Disk recorder for the NBL and I got home to check it and it hadn't gone on.

Glad there is a reason!!!

Reply #293635 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i love the f1 so i cant complain. i just hope the bball is on straight after. id be devo if they cut the race halfway through and went to the basketball, it would be like cutting the basketball off. so they are doing a good job.

Reply #293636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd think they'd cross over now the race is finished - instead, there's all the presentations and now interviews. I noticed they quickly cut off Fridays nbl game and didn't show any stats so the could get to the next program. Bring back Foxtel!

Reply #293637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard a rumour about One HD and it's basketball coverage and will post it when/if the confirmation comes back suffice to say people will be up in arms about Ten/One if true.

Reply #293639 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do you expect them to cut the race in half to show the game...what if it was the other way around and they cut the NBL over time off for the next show.

Its on after the race stop whinging

+1 to this. Everyone, please stop complaining. We get a bit of TV coverage (that we should be thankful for) and suddenly turn feral the second it doesn't go exactly the way it was expected.

Can we not at least be a little bit flexible?!

Reply #293640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree give it back to foxtel also I hope they show the whole game

Reply #293641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, it's understandable in that Fox never bumped a game they intended to show (yes I know they have three channels but still).

The thing is though the only time One HD ever gets any sort of ratings is on Sunday nights when they have a Formula 1 race on so can understand them not going to the already delayed/now completed NBL game.

Reply #293642 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

To add to Isaac's plea, I'd just note that the commercial stations in general are highly unreliable with their weekend programming these days. Just try to guess when "Dancing with the stars", "X factor" or whatever other Sunday night game shows are going to end. I detest these shows and am so peeved that they always run waaaay over scheduled times.

Personally, I just got my first chance all day to sit down in front of the tv - turned it on and wow! Perth v Tigers is just starting. Colour me happy! First NBL game I'll have seen on my own tv for years!

Reply #293643 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

its on now, sure its not live anymore but atleast they still showin it

Reply #293645 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

It's early in the season i know but melbourne are really bad far to many talls they just look slow. They are my pick for the wooden spoon, thats just my opinion though.

Reply #293647 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

The F1 is delayed due to rain so it will be on soon enough ffs

Reply #293648 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Great game played on the Gold Coast by the way.

I'm glad the commentators doing the GP telecast told us the basketball would follow.

I have to disagree that foxtel would never delay a telecast because a live broadcast has gone longer than anticipated. I recall it happening frequently, and especially on ESPN with the NBA. Quite often foxtel would not even advise why the particular game was not being shown.

Reply #293649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the fox special line of due to broadcasting constraints we will skip the next quarter. Free to air will be the savior of the Nbl it has already had more people watch the Nbl this season than all of last season combined. Fox tv average was 11,000 per game. 172,000 watched the 36ers play Perth.

Reply #293650 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A large part of the general sportsfans in Australia
would watch F1 and this game , now.

Reply #293651 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

It was never going to be live anyway so stop complaining at least they're showing it.

Reply #293653 | Report this post

F1 fan  
Years ago

Watching it delayed was good cos we didn't get the half time crap

Reply #293656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball fans are officially jerks based on this thread! I agree with you Isaac, this is a dead issue, build a Bridge

Reply #293659 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm not complaining especially since the great game is back on FTA.
I'd rather receive the game delayed, then be shown live and cut short to show the racing instead.

Some people are being too precious and I don't agree with the complaints.

Reply #293661 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I love that the nbl is on one had, just spewin when its an hour late, but guess they cant help the delays in F1 and yea as many have said they cant just cut off the race.
I was glad they showed it eventually, and think its awesome bball is back on FTA, now NBA is starting even more Bball will be gracing our screens, which is awesome!!

Reply #293684 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I have found the only valid complaint about the NBL not being on foxsports is that the game is no longer reaching viewers in regional Australia which is a real shame because basketball has good grassroots support in our regional population centres. Outside of that the quality of the broadcasts appear quite similar.

The broadening of digital channels into the country over the next 12 months will be welcomed by many who no longer wish to subscribe to pay tv to watch the NBL and as such I expect viewer numbers will improve if One continue to show games next season.

Reply #293695 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good post. I think those with gripes fall into two camps:

1. As you said, those in regional areas without One HD.

2. Those paying for Fox and wishing they were getting better value for money.

Reply #293698 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

ALONSOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Reply #293699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the F1 was delayed due to rain and therefore went over time.

Usually if things like that happen, they will go over time at the expense of the following program. You cannot blame ONEHD for doing that. It happens. They finished the F1 before going to the NBL which is fair to all those watching the F1.

Reply #293705 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Considering the NBL was ALWAYS scheduled as delayed after the F1 I have no problem that they delayed it a bit more.

Is it a inconvenience for NBL fans sure, but be thankful that they are showing the game.

Seriously consider how many would be tuning into F1 vs NBL and F1 will always get priority, the race was well worth watching even if Webber crashed out.

Reply #293715 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Are the same people who complained Basketball wasn't on Free To Air, the same one complaining about a game that was advertised as "Delayed" being delayed?

Be thankful that OneHD has picked up the broadcast rights.

Reply #293727 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

wow i cant believe how much of a big issue people think this is LOL. this is ridiculous. the game got played, i could understand if they cut the NBL because F1 went overtime so to bring everything back in line they cut the NBL footage, then yes that would be something to be angry about, but they showed the game, some people are just so damn petty! Wait till an NBL game goes into double OT and another program gets cut off, you will be so happy they showed the whole thing. stop whining ffs

Reply #293731 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Last time I checked my parents have one on their foxtel box, is that just for city folk or do the country folk get that too and are complaining for complaining's sake?

Reply #293740 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Ashman, your parents would most likely have cable foxtel. Cable gives you access to the free to air channels ontop of their channels. But country folk would only get Satellite foxtel and as FTA channels are not available on satellite foxtel dont provide them.

Reply #293748 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Spot on SRT070 regarding cable v satellite.

So far I think the OneHD coverage has been good, other than I can't stand Carfino (after 20 years I am just sick of the guy), but I haven't thought the broadcasts were in any way inferior to Foxtel's.

As for the delayed coverage, just learn to deal with it. I watched OneHD's showing of a classic NBA game the other night (Bernard King's 60 point Christmas Day performance) and loved it, and that game was delayed by 26 years!

Reply #293749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As stale as Carfino is I still prefer him to Brian Taylor!

Reply #293751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cable Fox has every FTA channel except ONE I think.

Reply #293752 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Hey Anon, i think One HD is on Foxtel, my brother has Cable and he said he has been recording the games on tv, and seeing as he only has a Foxtel IQ box im assuming thats how he has gotten it.

I gotta admit i dont mind carfino he is good at commentating, i bet the day he goes and we get some lama announcing we will be wishing we had carfino back. i just hate how blunt and for Sydney Carfino is and how anti Adelaide he is, he doesn't hide it much either straight out with it. I always thought a commentator should have a bit more of an unbiased opinion, but thats me.

Speaking of bad commentators what about that AFL commentator that was doing it for foxtel, his name slips my mind at the moment its on the tip of my tongue though. But he made every mistake under the sun didnt know the rules, he was just there because people knew who he was. i thought it was a bit crap.

Reply #293756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One HD is on Foxtel both the SD & HD versions.

Reply #293772 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Bring back John Casey!!

Reply #293785 | Report this post

tom45tom45tom  
Years ago

Should've swapped it to the bball as soon as Webber crashed out!!!

Reply #293797 | Report this post

One HD is great

Anyone who pays for TV is about as smart as Luke Nevill looks

Reply #293836 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

It's all about ratings for OneHD. Formula1 is pretty much the best rating show on OneHD, behind AFL. And with Webber close in the championship OneHD are banking on F1's to deliver the most advertising revenue before the summer sports lull takes over. They're hoping NBL is the main sport over the summer. If people start watching NBL will get more preferential treatment (as well as more ad's) although it's likely they'll get between 50 and 150,000 viewers per game, which is 10% or less of what Master junior cooks get.

Reply #293950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754