Isaac
Years ago

Bogut to present NBA Primetime on Tuesdays

Just received this from One HD:

ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S GREATEST SPORTING EXPORTS TO PRESENT NBA PRIMETIME
Andrew Bogut to present a Milwaukee Bucks game every Tuesday on ONE HD

Australian NBA star and ONE HD ambassador Andrew Bogut will be front and centre every week throughout the 2010/2011 NBA season when ONE HD broadcasts a Milwaukee Bucks "game of the week" at 7.30pm every Tuesday commencing November 2.

ANDREW BOGUT PRESENTS: NBA PRIMETIME will see the Bucks best game from the previous week broadcast in the family friendly time slot of 7.30pm allowing basketball fans of all ages to watch and support one of Australia's greatest sporting exports.

“It’s great to see how committed ONE HD is to basketball with both the NBL and NBA being broadcast on ONE.”

“I am really excited that Australians will be able to see the Bucks play on television in primetime throughout the season,” Bogut said.

Bogut will also be a regular guest on ONE’s new weekly basketball review show Overtime hosted by Steve Carfino which premieres on Wednesday, November 3 at 8.30pm.

The NBA season will be officially launched LIVE and EXCLUSIVELY on ONE HD this Wednesday, October 27 at 11.00am with one of the most anticipated NBA season opening games in years - Boston Celtics V Miami Heat – followed by Lakers V Houston.

NBA BROADCAST SCHEDULE ON ONE HD
Wednesday, October 27 @ 11am AEDT LIVE: Boston V Miami followed by Lakers V Houston
Friday, October 29 @ 11am AEDT LIVE: Orlando V Washington followed by Utah V Phoenix
Tuesday, November 2 @ 7.30pm (local time all markets): Andrew Bogut Presents: NBA Primetime Milwaukee V Charlotte
Wednesday, November 3 @ 11.00am AEDT LIVE: Milwaukee V Portland
Wednesday, November 3 @ 8.30pm (local time all markets): Overtime (premiere)
Friday, November 5 @ 11am AEDT LIVE: Chicago V New York followed by Portland V Oklahoma City

Topic #24139 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great idea, thankyou once again ONE

Reply #293796 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Fantastic news and a great initiative. A very good chance for Aussies to catch their best basketball player in action each week.

Reply #293798 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Was very excited to hear that one is doing the 'Overtime' show on Wednesday nights.

Have heard though that it will be mainly a panel show with 3 hosts - Steve Carfino, Jeff Van Groenigan and Conner Henry.
All qualified to talk NBL and NBA hoops but won't kill the perception from the outsiders that basketball is dominated by American voices.

Reply #293799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent news, Isaac. But are you able to confirm a rumour that I've heard that One HD are axing the NBA from the end of December?

It is supposedly the reason why there is no mention of the NBA on Ten's corporate website about One HD's future plans. I've been trying like crazy to get this rumour confirmed or denied that they won't be showing NBA games in 2011 (the second half of this season) because they've decided not to renew their rights, but to no avail.

If true it would gel with the reason why One HD only released an NBA season schedule up until the end of December unlike last season and unlike ESPN.

I really hope it's not true, it would be such a shame for the NBA to be off FTA again.

Reply #293804 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything about that, sorry.

Reply #293805 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

That would be horrible if thats the case. I dont know how much the rights cost but the NBA and NBL together work as a great package, especially for the kids.

Reply #293826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea if that rumour is true (I hope like hell its not) but to me it seems unlikely for 3 reasons.

ONE seems to be showing a real commitment to basketball. NBL/NBA/Overtime Show/Real NBA/Classic NBA games/Bogut Game of the Week

Seem willing to spend big to get rights so dont see them being troubled by cost of rights (although for all I know the costs could be extreme and just to much, who knows.)

They are starting this new Bogut thing and if the NBA only had another 2 months to go on the channel before it was axed why would they bother.

Reply #293838 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Really positive initiative by ONE and its great to see Bogut so willing to work with the media to try to increase the fan base in this country. Now we just have to hope he can repeat last season's performance despite his lingering arm/ hand injuries.

On this rumour, I seriously doubt ONE would be building up the start of the NBA season, only to pull the plug halfway through. They'd have to know how much the season would cost to broadcast before it started. If they thought they couldn't cover it for the whole season then they wouldn't show it at all. Too big a risk to their reputation. It doesn't look good, covering part of a season and then pulling out. What are they gonna say? We are a low budget, second rate sports channel that can't afford to show you premium sports? If ONE was a stock, its value would plummet!

Reply #293839 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Given that the Bucks GOTW thing has been developed and announced only 2 months before Xmas, I would have thought it would be strange to fdo so if NBA was being canned in 2 months' time. Why bother?

Reply #293848 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sports tonight on Ten ran the subject story with Bogut.
His parents will be watching, he told us.

Reply #293849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754