skull
Years ago

Taipans v Blaze Tonight

should be a cracker of a game tonight.

gibson v ubaker worth admission price alone.

loughton will be the difference with a double double.

don't be surprised to see a scrap.....or 2

cairns by 2

Topic #24166 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

blaze will fire up tonight i think. my prediction is blaze by 3

Reply #294195 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Cairns by 11

Reply #294203 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Blaze by 1

and

Cats by 12

Reply #294204 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

wouldnt mind the blaze game hitting overtime again, that will make for a good friday night game

Reply #294210 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Balze will get this one - just! 5pts. Hope the Taipans play well & have a chance to win it...

Reply #294216 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Balze!! keep it above the waistline please orbit!

Reply #294217 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

whats with blaze choking at the beginning and making a comeback? Must be their trademark or something. Good to see ubaka in action. Cant wait to see him against winder at bmc

Reply #294219 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heal talks up Cadee. Says he'll probably play for Australia which is a fair call, but Carfino notes that for Heal to say something like that, it must really carry weight. I remember Heal saying that SoJ was the second best young player in the NBL and now the kid can't get in a team. C'mon Steve!

Reply #294223 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Petrie injured. Hope (for his sake and that of the Blaze) that it's not serious.

Worthington playing like a star.

Garlepp with the stuff. Poor Taipans defense. Rychart 1/7 FG.

Reply #294226 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Isaac, i heard that comment to, i couldnt help but LOL. Not only wortho but what about Goulding, he is a gun tonight. he must love the cameras. he will be helping the stats on my dream team.

Reply #294227 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Bad news for Petrie and the Blaze. If it really is an achilles (and it looked like it to me) he is done for the season.

I wish the Sixers could have grabbed Goulding and/or Dillon. Both are great young players, although Goulding needs to learn to move the ball a bit more.

How did Tom Garlepp not play for the Sixers last season? WTF!?!?

Blaze looked horrible to start tonight, but once they got going, they just had too much mobility for Cairns. Is there anyone in the league who can matchup effectively on Wortho?

Reply #294228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Blaze pull two giant threes out of their butts to fend off the Taipans.

Reply #294229 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Those threes could not have been more arsey in my opinion, huge bank on the first.

Reply #294230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heal speaks very favourably of Marty Clarke and the 36ers. Let's hope that's not a kiss of death!

Reply #294231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats the rule with the white away strip ??? I can understand it if the uniforms clash, but last week we wore white and taipans were wearing pink tonight the taipans were wearing there orange uniform. Why couldn't we have worn our blue uniform last week

Reply #294233 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

jones and dusty picked a really bad game to have shockers!!!

what is it when veterans play like rookies???WTF

Reply #294234 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

the no charge zone,correct me if i am wrong... a charge foul cannot be called when d is set in that area??
also the 3point shot by goulding with foot on line,i thought video was there to be called on in these situations.

Reply #294235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beantown, given Worthington is shooting 43% and committing 4 turnovers per game I would say that teams are matching up with him ok. His game against Townsville was excellent and he had a great start to the fourth quarter tonight, but overall he is hardly dominating.

Reply #294244 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ummm anonymous, did you watch the game/ Wortho was again the difference - as he was last week so I reckon he is going Ok

Peach is out for season and is having surgery tonight on a snapped achilles :(

bittersweet night for the Blaze

Reply #294256 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Shocking news for Petrie. Should we be expecting an import C Statman?

When will ONE start to give us some stats FFS! Just give us the scorers at least! Heal couldn't even get Wortho's points right when he went to the bench. Someone send them the LiveStats url.

Phill Jones looks like his talent has been stolen by the Monstars to beat Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes or something.

Reply #294263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he is going ok too, and as I said his start to the fourth quarter tonight was excellent and had a big impact on the game. However, suggesting teams cant match up on him simply isnt supported at this point, he is hot and cold and at a similar level to many other players in the league.

Remember, he was 3/13 or something like that on the first night. If he consistently plays like the Townsville game he will win me over, but as a scorer he is anything but consistent.

As for tonight, Petrie and Goulding were the biggest factors over the game, Wortho the cherry on the sundae. That and two poor three point options by Cairns and two arsey threes (although Harvey has hit plenty of them in his career) by the Blaze.

Enjoyable game.

Reply #294266 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Id expect an import PG first X (next week) but afetr tonight Id say a large import wont be far behind at all :)

hmmm My waiver wire position could be tradable.......

Reply #294267 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ohhh if they push my boy Gibbo out of the PG spot I'm gonna be pissed. Is that Maye's injury or is he just being cut?

Reply #294272 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Interesting question was raised after the game. What was the last NBL team to win without having an import on court?

Reply #294340 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers last year v Adelaide from memory.

Reply #294343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read an article saying that they might have to cut Maye because of the injury.

Reply #294353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754