clarky
Years ago

NBL: Petrie Injured

The Gold Coast Blaze have just tweeted to confirm the injury suffered by Anthony Petrie during the game against the Cairns Taipans.

@GCBlaze: sad news from the sheds. Anthony Petrie has suffered a serious achillies injury

This clearly isn't good news for Petrie or the Blaze. Hopefully he is able to bounce back from this injury and make a strong return.

Updates will follow when the Blaze and NBL release more information

Topic #24171 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

yep looked bad, shame as he was playing well.

Reply #294247 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

It was terrible and he clutched the achilles area right away.
Not good.

Reply #294250 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Achilles snapped - actually being operated on tonight

Reply #294253 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I didn't see it, so I'm going to have to watch the replay tomorrow morning to see what happened...

Reply #294254 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

@ Statman - Definitely done for the season then?

Reply #294255 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yep, hes gone for the year, and was having another very good game tonight as well

Blaze now will surely have to look for a big import to fill this gap ASAP

Reply #294265 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Perhaps go back to Rickert?

Reply #294271 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Terry Dozier would be a suitable replacement

Reply #294273 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Plenty of bigs around. Talk to the Melbourne Tigers for starters - they could cut one or four.

Reply #294277 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bad news for Petrie and his team. Terrible injury and one that will take at least 12 months to come back from. Best wishes.

Reply #294279 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarky - wasn't very exciting. Was on his own in the defensive key and went to run forward and then just fell. Didn't slip or trip and it didn't look like he'd put a great amount of pressure on it. Very unlucky for him - had 14 and 10 at that point.

Reply #294284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guessing he had a pre existing Achilles injury or soreness...Not like them to just go bang...usually have had some niggle going on...

Well, thats how mine run...

Reply #294285 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

DAMN IT!!!!!!

Hope Petrie recovers, achilles injuries are horrendous.

Reply #294288 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

poor guy, best of luck. yeh i agree with isaac i watched it and it didnt look like anything. he just started running the collapsed holding his achilles. never had an injury relating to an achillies and by the sounds of it i dont ever want to experience one either.

Reply #294291 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Big Joe just put on Facebook. 3cm tear and 9 month rehab ahead of Petrie best of luck to him

Reply #294295 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, snapping your achilles sucks. Bad luck for Peach Tree and disaster for the Blaze.

I did it about 10 years back and it does just go. One minute I was playing soccer, dribbled down the wing, next minute I was lying on the ground yelling at the ref for a free for being hacked down.

Turns out the guy never touched me, it was just my achilles went bang and my leg was instantly useless. Of course, I didn't realise that there was something wrong until I stood up, tried to walk like Petrie did and just fell straight over again!

The pain hits you later. I couldn't actually sleep the night after I did it, because I would just get these rhythmical pulses of pain through my ankle and calf.

Reply #294300 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

mate that sounds f*#ked up! The worst ive done is my accruciate ligament in my knee. Not sure if i spelt it right. I didnt do it bad enough for a knee reco but couldnt extend my leg for a week then about 8 months later it healed

Reply #294305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad news for the blaze - what are the options?

is there any aussie bigs who are looking for a team ?

I'd assume they were already considering an import before petrie went down -

options:
Casy Frank
Bradshaw
Pero C perhaps
Rick Rickert

Reply #294311 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the import training with them at the moment is actually a PG. Maye has a hand injury, Vasiljevic is injured and now Petrie too.

Reply #294313 | Report this post

lolz  
Years ago

(Mod: Name changed to 'Statman') - it bugs me that you think you know everything.

It's a 3cm tear of the tendon and it gets operated on early next week.. Not last night.

(Mod: "lolz", play by the rules please.)

Reply #294320 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Think I know everything? Nup not at all - far from it. I only know what I hear while at the games from various people and am well aware that there are numerous others on this website, and elsewhere, that are a lot closer to the action than I am and would have much more first hand knowledge than I could ever dream of having.

As it is, my post was made as soon as I got home from the game last night and conveyed what I was told in the carpark as I left. The way it was told to me (and the reasons that they would operate so quickly after the injury) seemed very credible and I simply posted what I had heard when i got home. No attempting to bignote or say I know it all, but simply pasing on what I had heard.

Also lolz, Ive never tried to hide my identity in any way and if you want to contact me at all Im really not that hard to find. That being said using my (or anyone elses) real name on a public forum such as this isnt warranted.

If youve got a problem with me, or the way I post - please send me a mail and see if your issue with me is actually warranted!

Reply #294327 | Report this post

Beantown, sounds like a mirror image of when I did mine. Court 1 @ Wayville with about 2 minutes left in the game. Shot from the wing missed (most of my shots did!!), however, did the right thing and took off to rebound my own shot and BANG...

Thought someone had kicked me from behind and took a few seconds to realise it was indeed something serious. The pain was incredible. The recovery long and tedious.

Thought I was pretty heroic descibing how acute the pain was at our ante natal course some months on (the males had to describe their worst pain experience comparing it to labour) when the guy next to me said he had alo snapped his achilles and the pain did not compare to that of being hit head on by a truck. Thought I had to pay that one...

Also can remember watching Tiny Pinder (Sydney Kings I think, maybe late 80's) snapping his and looked like he was crying..

Good luck with it Anthony..

Reply #294329 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Lolz - it bugs me that you think you're a good poster.

Given that none of us are paid to post on this site, I'm not too bothered when some minor details that get posted turn out to be incorrect.

In this case you could have been a little nicer about it. After all it's not as if 'Statman' came out and said that Maye's definitely been cut or Terry Dozier has been signed or something.

In any case, if I ever did an achillies, I'd want the damn thing operated on ASAP.

Reply #294341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754