Scorers
Panthers:
27 Yates
18 Gillett (fouled out)
18 Magor (fouled out)
7 Ley
5 Hoare
2 Lambert

Rockets: (there's 3pt unaccounted - BUT I wrote the scores down as I wasn't allowed to take the score sheets)
29 Elliott
16 Simmons
8 Gaard
8 Pike
7 Vale
7 Mikic
5 Goodluck
2 Amor-Haynes

Women:

Panthers 40 lost to Rockets 66

qtr 1. 11 - 11
qtr 2. 22 - 21
qtr 3. 30 - 36
qtr 4. 40 - 66

Scorers
Panthers:
17 Dunkley (fouled out on 2 Unsportsmanlikes)
8 Harrison
5 Margitich
5 Hoare
3 Knibbs
2 Lambert

Rockets:
13 Zecevic
10 Lock
10 Stabile
8 Badensch
7 Corbell
6 Williams
5 Dhu
4 Fisher
3 Mansfield

Topic #24177 | Report this topic

agnesbc  
Years ago

U16B:

Panthers 50 def. Rockets 37

(No Qtr Score Breakdowns as the Scorers didn't change pen colour or cross each quarter)

Scorers
Panthers:
14 Hayes
12 Brown
8 Munzberg
6 Jacka
6 Mezzino
4 Athanasos

Rockets:
10 Daniel (sorry no first initial)
10 Daniel (sorry no first initial)
5 Dellapia
5 Johnson
4 Birkholz
3 Mooney

U16G:

Panthers 31 lost to Rockets 66

qtr 1. 6 - 17
qtr 2. 9 - 39
qtr 3. 17 - 51
qtr 4. 31 - 66

Scorers
Panthers:
10 Schrader
7 Thomas
4 Wood
3 Caputo
2 Horsnell
2 Anastasiou
2 Whitting
1 Dyer

Rockets: (2 points unaccounted)
17 Hansen
13 Calvert
11 Martin
7 Anabotei
7 Williams
7 Hatchard
2 Dixon

Reply #294357 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

They appear to have been entertaining contests. What were crowd numbers like?

Not a bad effort from "Wingers" considering he hasn't played any A grade games this season. Must have been giving the new Boomerang shooting machine a workout in the week leading up to the game. Did he see any time on the bench or did Mick flog him for the full 48 minutes (Stu would have loved that but I bet he'll complain for the next week about how sore he is).

Off topic I see Trenners had a hot hand against the Ducks last Thursday night.

Reply #294372 | Report this post

agnesbc  
Years ago

Matt P. Player/Coached (Mick had Gastro).
Court time primarily shared between Starting 5: Trenners, Stu, Prommo, Gillett & Magor with bench of B Ley, Lambert & Leske with cameo's from Rusty & Haggard.

Gillett/Magor both in early foul trouble caused some worry with team being a little small with Ley the only true big man back up.

Trenners & Stu received the most court time. Trenners hustle in defence and ball handling exceptional, just couldn't get the rock to sink (I think it was a coloured balloon) and Stu sunk probably at 80%.

Off Topic: Trenners had 2 points to half time and then found range swishing all three over Pepe's head, for 11 pts in the 3rd, then they switched up Gillett to Trenners and Ryan went rampage nailing 3 over Pepe for 10 in the 4th to run out victorious.
Get Dave Smith this week so it will give us a new look with a great rebounder coming into the team, freeing Ryan to play his natural 2/3 spot instead of filling a 4/5 with Fil and both doing a lot of work for their smaller frames.

Reply #294377 | Report this post

agnesbc  
Years ago

Crowd numbers of about 250+.

VERY entertaining! Men's game opened with a Rockets Jam, but I was on my phone and missed who did it... LOL.

Reply #294378 | Report this post

dunks?  
Years ago

I thought warm ups were fair entertaining too...

That Rhys Elliot threw down a windmill and a reverse with a pump off a lob! Rockets boys threw down a fair few dunks actually it was fun to watch.

Thanks for coming up!

Reply #294386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is awesome u guys travel to play the Panthers..they are certainly setting the trend with regards to city challenges...well done guys..

Reply #294394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754