Anonymous
Years ago

Overtime on One HD

ONE HD is pleased to announce that it has commissioned a unique one hour weekly basketball review show aptly named 'Overtime'.

Hosted by Steve Carfino with Jeff Van Groningen and Conner Henry, Overtime is a panel show that dissects all that is happening in the NBL and NBA. Boasting all the latest news, highlights and exclusive interviews from the domestic and international world of basketball, it will air Wednesday's at 8.30pm (AEST).

OVERTIME - WEDNESDAY NIGHTS AT 8.30PM ON ONE HD AND ALSO AT 11:15PM ON CHANNEL 10.

Also tonight NBA Primetime on One HD at 7:30pm with Andrew Bogut presenting the Milwaukee Bucks game of the week every Tueday night.

Topic #24196 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to do with this topic but,

That's.. interesting

Reply #294755 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

Good to hear this amongst all the rumours about ONE HD, I have always said if you want to sell a sport that Channel 10 are the best way to go, Seven to destroy it ;)

Reply #294771 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Cool....

Reply #294775 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Good work ONE.

Reply #294804 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Am I dreaming or is One HD the best thing to happen to basketball in this country since, well since ever?? There is obviously a powerful person or group behind this happening. Is it Larry and Chuck? Please present yourselves.

Reply #294996 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Suffered the fate of bodly taking the first steps on a new road but shrinking from the next steps.
Now on at the most unappealing time.
Brendan Joyce moved back to Woolongong , has spoken to Kevin Sheedy and hoping to do something there, is now on the panel , - i think , but it was about midnite and I walked out.

Reply #308462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rick the person who thinks that is jeff but hes dreaming, he will tell you all day how much he is the best thing that happened to basketball & nbl.
maybe david white gets along with larry & chuck.

i also am starting to find the shows getting more and more boring and maybe the timeslot is reflecting this.
personally i cbf staying up until nearly midnight to watch it knowing that the exciting way it started off is slipping.
i will give it one more week and if it doesn't get interesting i think it will no longer exist for me and i'm not the only one.

Camel31 are you saying joyce is now a fixture on the panel or was he just a one time guest presenter that night?
gaze at least brings some kind of positive vibe and amusement to an otherwise boring show but imagine if they had not got him in, i think everyone would of tuned out long ago.

Reply #309100 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It gave the appearance of Joyce being permanent
but being on so late and being tired , it's a bit hard to follow it.

Reply #309112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every week it comes on later and later and this week its scheduled for 11:30 up here that's later than last week and the latest thus far.
does anybody have accurate #s on the numbers of those still tuning in?
would be cool to see if theres a correlation there between that and why one hd movies have taken priority over the show being telecast at a decent time to maintain viewers & if the #s have been taking a nosedive.

Reply #309136 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems it came on at about 10.45pm last night.
At the end Carfino said. ' Seeya next week for the last show."
A lot don't believe what he says.
If it makes him feel better , that's OK.
But I'd guess it didn't rate.
Might be the end.

(While even the footy show on Ch9 didn't rate
without Sam Newman.)

Reply #312972 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

until 10 realise that it is Carfino that makes it as boring as hell people will not watch

Case in point

Lucas Walker's ridculous up and under, barely raised Carfino's heartbeat while this play in the NBA that was no where near as impressive got this reaction

TV commentary is so important to the success of the sport. Carfino is fine as a Mark Jackson/ Reggie Miller type role but he aint Marv Albert.

The Overtime show is so boring with the monotone presentation. There is no hype from him at all. It Goes Off is far better as Gaze and Bernard get into it with some passion.

How boring would Cricket be if it wasn't for Bill Lawry and Tony Grieg getting into. it is a package and Ten have got a very important piece of the package very wrong and basketball pays the price.

Reply #312979 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, gotta feeling they'll be doing a footy show, now it's footy seaon.
Whether they do us agen, in summer ?? maybe not.
Unless it's done differently.

Reply #312981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i think we all started seeing the signs of the show tanking over time.
would of been good to keep it going during finals i think finals will be exciting this year but not much point if the show puts people to sleep or wakes them from their sleep to watch it then wish theyd gone to sleep instead.

Reply #312985 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

One of the curses of the watcher is seeing too clearly the difference between how things are and how they ought to be.

It was one of the 11.30pm shows (which is bed-time for most) but they showed the hightlights of Blaze v NZ , double overtime, the season's best game
which hightens the show.
But I'd see Ira Clark in anything, so I stayed up.

Reply #312989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

talk around town is that he's heading back to a euro league right?
your right he's a great player to watch

Reply #312991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754